Rebuilding Time At Syracuse | The Boneyard

Rebuilding Time At Syracuse

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Over half of Q's team is in the transfer portal, including Emily Engstler - 8 count em 8! I'm sure he can get a few out of the portal himself because many kids don't look at such things as this maybe unprecedented stampede. Was the Huskies beat down the last straw?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Over half of Q's team is in the transfer portal, including Emily Engstler - 8 count em 8! I'm sure he can get a few out of the portal himself because many kids don't look at such things as this maybe unprecedented stampede. Was the Huskies beat down the last straw?
Well, my fine BY Poster, I am as big a Q critique on this board as there are and even I am not going to fan the flames of his demise over this thread.
To wit:
Of the 8, 1 freshman who appeared in all of 6 games this past season-no loss of significance to this team
1 Sophomore who appeared in 13 games this season and saw a significant reduction from last years 29 games. Was also 1 of 4 players suspended for the ACC tournament. Not a loss to have her leave.
3 Seniors who could have come back but won't of which Kiara Lewis as the leading scorer is the most significant. The other 2 not a loss.
3 Juniors, 1 opted out this year so not a loss. 1 saw a significant reduction of playing time this season down to just 4.7 points per game after averaging 8 points as freshman. The last is Emily Engstler who maybe was a surprise or maybe wasn't. I was not overly impressed with her in our game and given the rightful focus on Cardoso, Emily may be a tad frustrated. This is a loss .

Now, Syracuse also has 4 Freshman coming in including #38 6'4" Lattimore #41 PG 5'5" Day-Wilson and #51 6'3" Bartlett so that leaves the roster at 10 (15-8-Mangakahia+4) talented players, Q will get a few portal players and be fine.

Reaction Score
If he lost Cardosa and Priscilla Williams then yes true rebuild. 3 top 50 players coming in next season.
Latisha Lattimore who played with Aliyah Edwards will make them scary in a few years.

Figured this would happen when I heard he had to discipline a player or two in the final 64.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So @DefenseBB you are saying that he had constructed a weak roster, so this is a blessing? I'm joking, thanks for the info.

Reaction Score
Mangh
Well, my fine BY Poster, I am as big a Q critique on this board as there are and even I am not going to fan the flames of his demise over this thread.
To wit:
Of the 8, 1 freshman who appeared in all of 6 games this past season-no loss of significance to this team
1 Sophomore who appeared in 13 games this season and saw a significant reduction from last years 29 games. Was also 1 of 4 players suspended for the ACC tournament. Not a loss to have her leave.
3 Seniors who could have come back but won't of which Kiara Lewis as the leading scorer is the most significant. The other 2 not a loss.
3 Juniors, 1 opted out this year so not a loss. 1 saw a significant reduction of playing time this season down to just 4.7 points per game after averaging 8 points as freshman. The last is Emily Engstler who maybe was a surprise or maybe wasn't. I was not overly impressed with her in our game and given the rightful focus on Cardoso, Emily may be a tad frustrated. This is a loss .

Now, Syracuse also has 4 Freshman coming in including #38 6'4" Lattimore #41 PG 5'5" Day-Wilson and #51 6'3" Bartlett so that leaves the roster at 10 (15-8-Mangakahia+4) talented players, Q will get a few portal players and be fine.
Mangakahia is 25 and announced she's going pro.

Reaction Score
Does anyone one have any insight into projections for the starting lineup / rotation for next year?

Reaction Score
Does anyone one have any insight into projections for the starting lineup / rotation for next year?
Who knows. With so many new players...they will be lucky to nail down a consistent starting 5 by January. I would say the only sure starter is Priscilla.

Reaction Score
Q is never short on players. He will regroup and be fine.
Jimmy Fallon Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And now from Texas Tech/Baylor:

Have i not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Even Canada?

Reaction Score
Have i not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Even Canada?
How did Canada enter the chat? :D

Reaction Score
Isn't Syracuse in Canada (or close enough for all practical purposes)? ;)
Depends on what part of Ontario you live in I guess :D. I'm based in the central part of the province so I think Buffalo first, Detroit second. If I were in eastern Ontario (e.g. Ottawa/Kingston), then Syracuse would be the closest.

Reaction Score
Depends on what part of Ontario you live in I guess :D. I'm based in the central part of the province so I think Buffalo first, Detroit second. If I were in eastern Ontario (e.g. Ottawa/Kingston), then Syracuse would be the closest.
Love Ontario.
Go up there for business a lot. Great people.

Reaction Score
Two players with very similar names ”seem” to be transferring to Syracuse.
Chrislyn Carr from Davenport, Iowa originally at Texas Tech then Baylor and now Syracuse. And Christianna Carr from Manhattan, Kansas who played for 2 years at Kansas State now transferring to Syracuse. Hopefully the Boneyard can verify or correct this information for me. Thank you,

Reaction Score
Two players with very similar names ”seem” to be transferring to Syracuse.
Chrislyn Carr from Davenport, Iowa originally at Texas Tech then Baylor and now Syracuse. And Christianna Carr from Manhattan, Kansas who played for 2 years at Kansas State now transferring to Syracuse. Hopefully the Boneyard can verify or correct this information for me. Thank you,
Yep..two Carrs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you head due south from Detroit you hit Canada, correct? I usually think of Canada as being mostly north :)

Reaction Score
If you head due south from Detroit you hit Canada, correct? I usually think of Canada as being mostly north :)
I would think you'd continue into the States if you're heading due South. :D There are some weird pockets between the US and Canada out West where the border isn't straight forward like Point Roberts.

For me, what I do know is that when I drive to the US, I'm going through Buffalo or Detroit (or Port Huron if I want to avoid the Windsor/Detroit area). And depending where I go, driving through the state of New York is a heck of a trek.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom