OT: - Realignment? | Page 34 | The Boneyard

OT: Realignment?

Reaction Score
FSU also doesn’t compare well to Wake. Or Jacksonville State, lol. It’s one thing to be FCS. It’s another to be P5 and lose to FCS.

Reaction Score
Wake would have liked to win three National Football Championships...or win the ACC in basketball and football.

You...

1...seem fixated on putting Nova in an FBS football conversation...to me, laughable.
2...somehow think that your smack about FSU relates to Villanova in FBS.

It is what it is....Nova is more of a Gonzaga than it is a Wake Forest.

Reaction Score
It’s enough! You live in a glass house. Hold your stones.

Reaction Score
Here’s more, major private programs with less than 10,000 undergrad
Boston College 9,100
TCU 8,700
Northwestern 8,400
Notre Dame 8,400
(vs Villanova @ 7,100)
Stanford 6,900
Vanderbilt 6,800
Duke 6,400
Wake Forest 4,100

You may also consider the service academies.
Wake added an engineering school. Up to 5,400 undergrads. Your point still holds though.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The last big question is will C-USA stay at 9 or go to 10 or 12.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
I think the most interesting point in that article was that Texas and Oklahoma make up 75% of the Big 12's football TV ratings.

Reaction Score
I think the most interesting point in that article was that Texas and Oklahoma make up 75% of the Big 12's football TV ratings.
And there are still people in this board that think the new B12 is gonna get more than $20 million/school in their new TV deal. They'll be lucky to hit $15 million

Reaction Score
And there are still people in this board that think the new B12 is gonna get more than $20 million/school in their new TV deal. They'll be lucky to hit $15 million
The Big 12 will be just fine. BYU + Cincinnati will negate some of the loss of OU and Texas. Cincinnati has averaged 1.47M viewers this year and BYU is just below that. Remember TV viewers are greatly skewed by channels, no OU and Texas means more other teams games on FOX and ABC instead of FS1 and ESPN2 and ESPNU which get far fewer viewers.

They will likely take a small haircut, but it's still going to be vastly ahead of the G5. Also, the Big 12 is gaining inventory (12 teams vs 10 teams.) Who knows what the specific payout will be, but it will be at least double the old AAC deal of around 7M.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 will be just fine. BYU + Cincinnati will negate some of the loss of OU and Texas. Cincinnati has averaged 1.47M viewers this year and BYU is just below that. Remember TV viewers are greatly skewed by channels, no OU and Texas means more other teams games on FOX and ABC instead of FS1 and ESPN2 and ESPNU which get far fewer viewers.

They will likely take a small haircut, but it's still going to be vastly ahead of the G5. Also, the Big 12 is gaining inventory (12 teams vs 10 teams.) Who knows what the specific payout will be, but it will be at least double the old AAC deal of around 7M.
I bet they'll have a huge huge drop.

Reaction Score

Comparing Cincinnati and byu to OU and Texas is like comparing night and day. 5 million per team per year is not a small haircut it’s substantial. I also thing the extra teams may hurt them and not help them, more slices of the pie won’t be a good thing.

Reaction Score
While I would quibble over the word "raid", I agree that the ACC is next major conference to change, but most likely that change is 10 years off or more - closer to the expiration of the GOR.

It's just that I think the ACC move will be initiated by schools within the ACC, not the SEC itself, just as Texas appears to have engineered Texas' move with Oklahoma to the SEC. In other words, I don't think there will be a 2008-style announcement from the B1G (or SEC) saying, "we're open to expansion", which netted the B1G NU.

I think the schools that move out of the ACC will be torn between the B1G and the SEC. So, I'm not sure if UNC and UVA wind up in the B1G or the SEC. Do they want a "northern feel" or a "southern feel"?

While the B1G certainly has a "superior" overall academic composition, the SEC has a solid academic foundation, too: Vanderbilt, Florida, Texas, Texas A&M, Missouri, Georgia, others. Thus, money, NIL, and recruiting in the SEC may be more important to UNC and UVA than money and a deeper academic composition presented by the B1G.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
While I would quibble over the word "raid", I agree that the ACC is next major conference to change, but most likely that change is 10 years off or more - closer to the expiration of the GOR.

It's just that I think the ACC move will be initiated by schools within the ACC, not the SEC itself, just as Texas appears to have engineered Texas' move with Oklahoma to the SEC. In other words, I don't think there will be a 2008-style announcement from the B1G (or SEC) saying, "we're open to expansion", which netted the B1G NU.

I think the schools that move out of the ACC will be torn between the B1G and the SEC. So, I'm not sure if UNC and UVA wind up in the B1G or the SEC. Do they want a "northern feel" or a "southern feel"?

While the B1G certainly has a "superior" overall academic composition, the SEC has a solid academic foundation, too: Vanderbilt, Florida, Texas, Texas A&M, Missouri, Georgia, others. Thus, money, NIL, and recruiting in the SEC may be more important to UNC and UVA than money and a deeper academic composition presented by the B1G.
The law of diminishing returns suggests that the SEC expanding to 18 (no matter who it is) will likely lower its per school payout.
Once you go past 16, you start to lose some of the big time matchups.

Reaction Score
Comparing Cincinnati and byu to OU and Texas is like comparing night and day. 5 million per team per year is not a small haircut it’s substantial. I also thing the extra teams may hurt them and not help them, more slices of the pie won’t be a good thing.

I don't know. Fickell and Cincy have some serious momentum right now. His abilities to identify and develop players coupled with the level of guys he's got rolling in now, and he has them where he says he wanted and that was being a top 10 program. I don't think the new coaches at Texas(Sark) and Oklahoma(Venables) are as good at developing kids as he is, and let's face it nothing takes the steam out of a program like facing an SEC schedule. I get a kick out of the Dude of WV talking about the SEC. Cincy is moving past them and it's evident in recruiting. WV getting an impact kid out of Ohio is a thing of the past. Fickell is almost done with his 23 class in June.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom