OT: - Realignment? | Page 31 | The Boneyard

OT: Realignment?

VCE

Reaction Score
With news of the Colorado State/Air Force move to the AAC all but final...

For a land grant in a decent sized state, CSU’s athletic performance is pretty awful.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For a land grant in a decent sized state, CSU’s athletic performance is pretty awful.
Well, they lost their best AD to UConn.

Reaction Score

Switch out "M" for "B" and that's what they're claiming the PAC will fetch...

Not mentioned is what happens with the PAC Networks.

VCE

Reaction Score
After the news this morning, it looks like UCONN will be playing better schedules in a couple of years than if you’d stayed in the AAC. Hopefully that translates into better recruiting (along with a decent HC hire).

Reaction Score
Why?
Watch the video it has lots of good stuff. It shows the correlation between academic success, all sports success, and being in an A5 conference.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Watch the video it has lots of good stuff. It shows the correlation between academic success, all sports success, and being in an A5 conference.
P5 conference…

It sort of says that. I scanned it and it seemed more white using the existing big 12 teams scores in this guys metrics and comparing the potential candidates to that, at least that’s what I gleaned from my quick look ins.

Do you have a link to the guys post with all the data. I’d be curious in a little more detail about what he weighted and how. It’s obviously a lot of data. It’s hard to know how useful it is without understanding the underlying algorithms he used to weight things.

Reaction Score
Many (including me) would quibble with the placement of this and/or that school's circle on "President's View" graphic. But that slide does nicely depict what an outlier Louisville is in the ACC. UConn should've been the choice.

Full presentation referenced in the video is linked below:

CL82

Reaction Score
Some of the metrics seem random, like population within 50 miles. Why 50? I think 100 makes more sense. It's within an hour and half, which is reasonable drive time to games. In any event, there are 4.6M people within 50 miles of Storrs

Reaction Score
Many (including me) would quibble with the placement of this and/or that school's circle on "President's View" graphic. But that slide does nicely depict what an outlier Louisville is in the ACC. UConn should've been the choice.

Full presentation referenced in the video is linked below:

I don't think ACC has regrets with Louisville. They fit right in!

Reaction Score
Some of the metrics seem random, like population within 50 miles. Why 50? I think 100 makes more sense. It's within an hour and half, which is reasonable drive time to games. In any event, there are 4.6M people within 50 miles of Storrs
I perused the full report today. It has a lot of faults.

VCE

Reaction Score
I perused the full report today. It has a lot of faults.
I was shocked to see that this guy was a former banker at Credit Suisse. He would have been either an analyst pre MBA or an associate post MBA. That work product would never have gotten through the proofreading process that an associate would be responsible for given the number of typos, inconsistencies and flat out errors in the document.

There are a couple of instances of referring to G5 as FCS. There are consecutive (or almost consecutive) slides where Tennessee has one of the lowest, and then one of the largest fanbases.

Using the ivies as a benchmark makes some sense, but why include the UAA schools as well? It only serves to further clog up his charts. Maybe he has an NYU grad on staff. There’s one slide where he compares academics with football performance where he uses historical records for Ivy schools to put them in the top right corner.

He has Navy as one of the top 2/3 FBS schools academically based upon the USNWR rating of “liberal arts” schools, above a school like Rice (national). While Navy is great, they aren’t sniffing anything close to the top 25 overall. It’s like giving Providence a number one rating for being the number one ranked “regional” university in the north. Or east. Or wherever they’re rated.

There was a slide ranking research on the Y axis where he artificially moved all three service academies to near the top “just because”.

Some of his slides include the new B12 adds in the metrics, some don’t. Many appear to exclude BYU, and at least one is very anti BYU. There’s a slide that has an X through Liberty, Hawaii and UCONN as potential additions. I think we can all understand the first two.

I admire his ability to hoodwink whoever paid for this analysis.

CL82

Reaction Score
This. UConn is ridiculously close to a bazillion people.
14.876M within 100 miles of Storrs but that jumps to over 26M if you go to 120 miles.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom