OT: - Realignment? | Page 29 | The Boneyard

OT: Realignment?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Would the Huskies join a football only G5 conference as the MAC or a further water down CUSA?
Based on you posts enjoying your schedule and the name brands, think not, but curious.
Pretty sure UMass would accept.
No way.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Genius! A UConn fan dissing the Pac12. Oregon looks pretty good so far this year.
Mmm… Shouldn’t you be on the Kansas bored trying to entice them to the Big East?

CL82

Reaction Score
I’m working my Jayhawk connections
Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Reaction Score
Would the Huskies join a football only G5 conference as the MAC or a further water down CUSA?
Based on you posts enjoying your schedule and the name brands, think not, but curious.

They would have us and UMass play a play in game to decide who gets accepted.

Reaction Score
NCAA bylaws don't allow a football only FBS conference

Reaction Score
Adding the MWC members to the AAC is the best case scenario for them. Would ESPN sweeten the deal to make it happen?

Reaction Score
If Boise State moves it tells you the rumored "second round" Big XII expansion is not likely to happen anytime soon... if they expected an invite in the near term, there's no way they'd pay to exit the MWC to turn around and then pay to exit the AAC.

Reaction Score
It seems to me like the AAC is living in a fantasyland. Why would anybody leave the MWC for the AAC? Are the remaining eight AAC teams really better than the teams in the MWC? If so, are they so much better than the MWC teams leaving would be willing to absorb the extra costs of increased travel?

Reaction Score
I can now say Austin Peay...but for Lincoln Memorial I needed a tutorial. And Queens University..at least all 2,300 students are Royals.

Reaction Score
It seems to me like the AAC is living in a fantasyland. Why would anybody leave the MWC for the AAC? Are the remaining eight AAC teams really better than the teams in the MWC? If so, are they so much better than the MWC teams leaving would be willing to absorb the extra costs of increased travel?
If it happens this is why:
1. Aresco*is ESPN’s boy who successfully built a competitive football conference from scrap lumber.
His was the only conference poached that speaks volumes and the once highly touted MW was relegated to also ran
2. The AAC contract is double the MW conference paying 6.5/7 million a team to 3.5 per team.
3. The Markets occupied by the survivors on the AAC
Tampa
New Orleans
Philly
Dallas
Plus Navy
Are better than
Far flung sparely populated MW
4. Pretty much all playoff competition gets removed for thst final playoff spot + top G5 playoff bonus money
I’m well aware that some of these arguments can be made to add AAC team to the MW , because this merger makes to much sense for the survival of these schools.
If I’m the AAC I would take 4 MW all sports teams.
Boise
Utah State
Colorado State
San Diego State
But I would add
to this merger two BB only’s preferably from the list
Gonzaga, Dayton , San Diego **WKU, VCU.
*Im the biggest Aresco critic because of his ignorance of basketball but to not recognize his FB accomplishment given the hand he was dealt and the alleged flag ship program’s utter destruction was a remarkable achievement.
**private school

Reaction Score
If it happens this is why:
1. Aresco*is ESPN’s boy who successfully built a competitive football conference from scrap lumber.
His was the only conference poached that speaks volumes and the once highly touted MW was relegated to also ran
2. The AAC contract is double the MW conference paying 6.5/7 million a team to 3.5 per team.
3. The Markets occupied by the survivors on the AAC
Tampa
New Orleans
Philly
Dallas
Plus Navy
Are better than
Far flung sparely populated MW
4. Pretty much all playoff competition gets removed for thst final playoff spot + top G5 playoff bonus money
I’m well aware that some of these arguments can be made to add AAC team to the MW , because this merger makes to much sense for the survival of these schools.
If I’m the AAC I would take 4 MW all sports teams.
Boise
Utah State
Colorado State
San Diego State
But I would add
to this merger two BB only’s preferably from the list
Gonzaga, Dayton , San Diego **WKU, VCU.
*Im the biggest Aresco critic because of his ignorance of basketball but to not recognize his FB accomplishment given the hand he was dealt and the alleged flag ship program’s utter destruction was a remarkable achievement.
**private school
Western Kentucky is public.

Reaction Score

I would like to see the MAC expand by 4 and add Marshall, Temple, UMASS, and UCONN (football only). That would be a fun Northeastern football conference.

This board is adamant that they want P5 brand names but so far the ticket sales are not there and losing to Purdue by 40 was no more fun than losing to Tulane. Independence is an experiment in wishful thinking IMO. I vote yes to joining the MAC if invited.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I would like to see the MAC expand by 4 and add Marshall, Temple, UMASS, and UCONN (football only). That would be a fun Northeastern football conference.

This board is adamant that they want P5 brand names but so far the ticket sales are not there and losing to Purdue by 40 was no more fun than losing to Tulane. Independence is an experiment in wishful thinking IMO. I vote yes to joining the MAC if invited.
If you think our attendance sucks now when we have compelling opponents that we get to play on the weekends/Friday night, think how low the attendance will be playing Miami (OH) in November on a Wednesday night. At least now we're getting games against teams our fan base cares about. I can't see many people showing up for Wednesday night #MACtion.

Reaction Score
If you think our attendance sucks now when we have compelling opponents that we get to play on the weekends/Friday night, think how low the attendance will be playing Miami (OH) in November on a Wednesday night. At least now we're getting games against teams our fan base cares about. I can't see many people showing up for Wednesday night #MACtion.

Wishful thinking. The fanbase didn't care about last weeks game anymore than it did for the AAC games. Maybe less.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Wishful thinking. The fanbase didn't care about last weeks game anymore than it did for the AAC games. Maybe less.
And you think changing out Purdue (a name team with a national following that actually means something to anyone that follows football) with Eastern Michigan is the answer?

CL82

Reaction Score
Thats largely because they correctly, as it turned out, ascertained that UConn had no chance of winning in very little chance of even scoring. Now give us a team that’s got the capability of beating a big 10 team and I think the attendance would be significantly different, don’t you?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom