OT: - Ray Allen III to URI | The Boneyard

OT: Ray Allen III to URI

Reaction Score
My first thought was why not UConn as a walk on .
But when you think about it would you want to be a walk on at a school your dad is a legend and reminder’s of him are all around and comparison is unavoidable. I would’ve picked a different sport totally..

Reaction Score
But when you think about it would you want to be a walk on at a school your dad is a legend and reminder’s of him are all around and comparison is unavoidable. I would’ve picked a different sport totally..
Good thing you weren’t very athletic.

Reaction Score
Coach Hurley knows all about the pressures of living up to the family name in his playing career.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I bet Ray can make some connections.

I feel for the kid, my sons have the same issue of trying to live up to a sharpshooting legend. Your Rays, your Bronnys, your Jeffrey’s, and mine.
We’re talking about real basketball, not nba jam for PS2. I’m sure most of you are video games legends in your own minds but I prefer to break ankles on the hard top. No blood no foul, no pain no gain. Words to live by.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to young Ray. But I'm sure he appreciates his situation and sees himself as lucky.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I know if I was him I’d rather walk on at UConn. But maybe he thinks there’s a path to playing time at Rhodey. Best of luck to him.

Reaction Score
MJ or Magic Johnson sons were never MJ or Magic like. Hey, it happens.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
We’re talking about real basketball, not nba jam for PS2. I’m sure most of you are video games legends in your own minds but I prefer to break ankles on the hard top. No blood no foul, no pain no gain. Words to live by.

Bro I played NBA JAM for sega and the arcade like any other normal red-blooded American.

I live by the motto “not a dime back” I always found it worked ok for me.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't think Ray needed the help
He undoubted has connections that he can use for his kid. Dan Hurley is one of them.

Reaction Score
It would be tough on a kid trying to play with your dad’s HOF banner hanging above you.
Enormously tough, unless you were someone only interested in getting an education, while being part of a team, regardless of your role or amount of playing time.

Not many people are like that, especially when they're 17 or 18.

He'll probably still hear comments about why he's not his Dad or why this or that, especially in this social media world of today. The best thing Ray could do (or maybe has already done) is reach out to others like Magic and MJ and ask how they prepared their kids for the inevitable comparisons.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Enormously tough, unless you were someone only interested in getting an education, while being part of a team, regardless of your role or amount of playing time.

Not many people are like that, especially when they're 17 or 18.

He'll probably still hear comments about why he's not his Dad or why this or that, especially in this social media world of today. The best thing Ray could do (or maybe has already done) is reach out to others like Magic and MJ and ask how they prepared their kids for the inevitable comparisons.
Things seem to be working out just fine between Andrew and Dan and Andrew’s position at UConn.

How someone adjusts depends on the nature of the child and how the famous parents parent that child.

Hopefully Ray Allen III is well adjusted and has a fulfilling experience at Rhode Island.

Reaction Score
Things seem to be working out just fine between Andrew and Dan and Andrew’s position at UConn.

How someone adjusts depends on the nature of the child and how the famous parents parent that child.

Hopefully Ray Allen III is well adjusted and has a fulfilling experience at Rhode Island.

Dan and Andrew much different than Ray and 3rd. Ray is A Husky icon and a HOF basketball player. Rays kid will be fine at URI I have no doubt he’s been brought up mentally strong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom