2021 Recruiting: - Rahsool Diggins Commits to UConn | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Rahsool Diggins Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This kid is Napier 2.0. Great job by Hurley. he is bringing us back, and has one step to go. He has to land that first prime 5* and we are all the way back.

Normally, I would agree with you @EASTFLA. But in this particular case, I actually disagree. Here's why:

Landing James Bouknight is going to prove to be the bridge that makes the actual landing of a 5* recruit not a must. The way to circumvent your last step, we needed to land a 5* talent who was masquerading with a 4* ranking for reasons outside of the recruit's control. That turned out to be Bouknight, thanks to the knee injury that kept him off the summer AAU circuit before his senior year.

Landing Bouknight has fast-tracked us to this point of not needing an actual 5* recruit... a year or two ahead of schedule. He has already shown us, our opponents and the rest of the country he was flat out a 5*, and the best basketball player we have recruited since Andre Drummond. Not Jalen Adams. Not Alterique Gilbert.

Unequivocably it is James Bouknight. That awesome dunk in an otherwise non-descript game against ECU at the end of February was shown on various ESPN SportsCenters for the rest of that week, with lots of oooohs and ahhhs thrown in... and a couple of times beyond.

THAT catches the eye of recruits who want to BE JUST LIKE THAT BALLER BOUK AT UCONN!

And unless something crazy happens he will be a lottery pick in next June's NBA draft... our highest draft pick since Drummond went #9 to Detroit in 2012. Mark it down. That ultimate result will be as good (if not even better) for Hurley's recruiting as Bouknight being an actual 5* when he first came here.

Reaction Score
In addition to having some Bazz similarities.. I see some KEA in RD's floor game..BB IQ..passing/dribbling skills.. "coach on the floor".. winner DNA..confidence.. toughness.. Creative moves getting to/going to the Hole..No doubt a different body style but certainly many of KEA's better qualities..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Normally, I would agree with you @EASTFLA. But in this particular case, I actually disagree. Here's why:

Landing James Bouknight is going to prove to be the bridge that makes the actual landing of a 5* recruit not a must. The way to circumvent your last step, we needed to land a 5* talent who was masquerading with a 4* ranking for reasons outside of the recruit's control. That turned out to be Bouknight, thanks to the knee injury that kept him off the summer AAU circuit before his senior year.

Landing Bouknight has fast-tracked us to this point of not needing an actual 5* recruit... a year or two ahead of schedule. He has already shown us, our opponents and the rest of the country he was flat out a 5*, and the best basketball player we have recruited since Andre Drummond. Not Jalen Adams. Not Alterique Gilbert.

Unequivocably it is James Bouknight. That awesome dunk in an otherwise non-descript game against ECU at the end of February was shown on various ESPN SportsCenters for the rest of that week, with lots of oooohs and ahhhs thrown in... and a couple of times beyond.

THAT catches the eye of recruits who want to BE JUST LIKE THAT BALLER BOUK AT UCONN!

And unless something crazy happens he will be a lottery pick in next June's NBA draft... our highest draft pick since Drummond went #9 to Detroit in 2012. Mark it down. That ultimate result will be as good (if not even better) for Hurley's recruiting as Bouknight being an actual 5* when he first came here.

That's fair, but before we place Bouk into the lottery, let him complete the season. A lot can happen.

Reaction Score
navery12 said:
"Also another person mentioning Gaffney turning pro early, maybe they know something"

That would be a strange decision.

Strange to put it mildly.

Giddy fanboy would be a good assessment of the "person mentioning Gaffney turning pro early". What's early? Three years? Two years? Based on what?

I well remember JC working the pro scouts for advice as to when a player has what it takes to not only be drafted but also have a long career. Not just a flash in the pan with a three year contract and nothing after that ends. The big contracts come after the first one.

Gaffney's a nice young player who improved greatly over the course of his freshman year, but his size, skill level and confidence don't yet match what's required of an NBA player. He will improve and has a strong family for support so hopefully DH will be able to provide the same kind of advice JC offered. It was winning advice for a lot of future millionaires.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
navery12 said:
"Also another person mentioning Gaffney turning pro early, maybe they know something"

Strange to put it mildly.

Giddy fanboy would be a good assessment of the "person mentioning Gaffney turning pro early". What's early? Three years? Two years? Based on what?

I well remember JC working the pro scouts for advice as to when a player has what it takes to not only be drafted but also have a long career. Not just a flash in the pan with a three year contract and nothing after that ends. The big contracts come after the first one.

Gaffney's a nice young player who improved greatly over the course of his freshman year, but his size, skill level and confidence don't yet match what's required of an NBA player. He will improve and has a strong family for support so hopefully DH will be able to provide the same kind of advice JC offered. It was winning advice for a lot of future millionaires.

He may have improved but has a long way to go even if discussing Euro Pro Ball or alike. That just can't be true maybe just rumor mill stuff.

Reaction Score
For UConn fans, 40 and over especially, you are playing with house money. Your team has already achieved greatness and won multiple titles. You may die in peace. Winning another under DH in a complete rebuild would be extraordinary. How many programs have national titles under 3 different coaches?
Here you go . . .

Kentucky - 5
Adolph Rupp
Joe Hall
John Calipari
Rick Pitino
Tubby Smith
Kansas - 3
Bill Self
Larry Brown
Phog Allen
North Carolina - 3
Dean Smith
Frank McGuire
Roy Williams
Schools with NCs from 2 head coaches
Connecticut
Indiana
Michigan St.
NC State
UCLA
Villanova

Reaction Score
My uninformed guess is that he was told to start recruiting Hawkins (and Samson) by the staff.
If he couldn’t even remember Hawkins name, yea I’d have to agree.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
My uninformed guess is that he was told to start recruiting Hawkins (and Samson) by the staff.
He and his family are probably on here reading who we’re recruiting tbh lol.

They should have asked him about other classes because I would imagine he has spoken to his team final backcourt mate Corey Floyd Jr about us. Corey is one of our main targets of 2022.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Here you go . . .

Kentucky - 5
Adolph Rupp
Joe Hall
John Calipari
Rick Pitino
Tubby Smith
Kansas - 3
Bill Self
Larry Brown
Phog Allen
North Carolina - 3
Dean Smith
Frank McGuire
Roy Williams
Connecticut
Indiana
Michigan St.
NC State
UCLA
Villanova
I choose to believe that Anthony Davis took that 50 grand to go to UK that the Tribune reported... KY - 4 coaches

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Here you go . . .

Kentucky - 5
Adolph Rupp
Joe Hall
John Calipari
Rick Pitino
Tubby Smith
Kansas - 3
Bill Self
Larry Brown
Phog Allen
North Carolina - 3
Dean Smith
Frank McGuire
Roy Williams
Connecticut
Indiana
Michigan St.
NC State
UCLA
Villanova
Schools with Larry Brown as coach leading to a nat'l chip. Two: UCLA and Ks. If he were like UCF fan, he'd claim three schools with that fantastic SMU team on probation that won 30 games that year.

Reaction Score
Schools with Larry Brown as coach leading to a nat'l chip. Two: UCLA and Ks. If he were like UCF fan, he'd claim three schools with that fantastic SMU team on probation that won 30 games that year.

Larry Brown never won a title at UCLA. That was Jim Harrick.

Reaction Score
Here you go . . .

Kentucky - 5
Adolph Rupp
Joe Hall
John Calipari
Rick Pitino
Tubby Smith
Kansas - 3
Bill Self
Larry Brown
Phog Allen
North Carolina - 3
Dean Smith
Frank McGuire
Roy Williams
Connecticut
Indiana
Michigan St.
NC State
UCLA
Villanova

This list cannot be complete. Where is Syracuse? They must have a title under Roy Danforth.

Reaction Score
This list cannot be complete. Where is Syracuse? They must have a title under Roy Danforth.
Nope. Syracuse has been playing basketball for 120 years. They have a grand total of 1. Got to the NIT final one time (1981) and lost.
That's why we say 4 > 1.

1596133247409.png

Reaction Score
Does anyone know his official measurements ? Looks like he has lanky, long arms but can’t tell if my eyes deceive me or not.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know his official measurements ? Looks like he has lanky, long arms but can’t tell if my eyes deceive me or not.
I’m guessing 6’1 with a 6’4 wingspan. But his body clearly isn’t done developing. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s like 6’3 with a 6’5 wingspan by the time he suits up for us. He has adequate size for a PG.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

73.5" without shoes
75 " wingspan
38" vertical.

Watch that Instagram video. His measurables are easy to derive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom