Radon / Air in Home | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Radon / Air in Home

Reaction Score
We finalized negotiations last night. The sellers are crediting us back $4,000 to deal with the radon and other minor miscellaneous issues ourselves. We did well and will have money left over. We talked to 2 radon mitigators that told us the problem could be fixed.

Thanks for all the help BY!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We finalized negotiations last night. The sellers are crediting us back $4,000 to deal with the radon and other minor miscellaneous issues ourselves. We did well and will have money left over. We talked to 2 radon mitigators that told us the problem could be fixed.

Thanks for all the help BY!

Good result. My own experience involved initial trepidation that the house had a radon mitigation system. Research showed that radon is prevalent across the region, many have it and don't know. That's the real risk. If you have a system, plus cash to help make sure it functions properly (we have replaced two exhaust fan motors as the run constantly and will start vibrating and making noise), that is a win.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Are these any good, or does a pro need to be hired?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Are these any good, or does a pro need to be hired?

I don’t know about that one, but I bought a home detector for more like $20 and it worked fine. Takes a few days to get a reading.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I don’t know about that one, but I bought a home detector for more like $20 and it worked fine. Takes a few days to get a reading.

Did you have to mail it somewhere to be processed and read?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom