RAC 'em up ... | The Boneyard

RAC 'em up ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Enjoyed watching the Rutgers game on Sunday ... especially the first 5 min. ... shock & awe . Took the home crowd right out of the game early.
I was happy to see Brianna Banks get into the game early ... she must have practiced well . However ... she uncharacteristically made two quick mental errors ... and Geno took her out . BB was my favorite player to watch when KML and Morgan were out with injuries. I was glad when Geno put her back in the second half.
I noticed that several of the Rutgers players were wearing long white full arm coverings . I'm thinking tatoo coverings . Anyone else notice that ?
Stewie had a wide-open breakaway opportunity ... and chose not to attempt a dunk . As I recall the announcer added that she probably had tired legs. But it certainly was on peoples' minds. The camera shot of the bench showed some expressions that suggested they were thinking 'jam' as well. I know many here would disapprove. I think it'll happen at some point.
During one of the timeouts the camera was on Bria's face ... and it was taking up the whole screen. With a HD Sony I was amazed at the clarity of the picture ... of course recalling the days as a kid when everything was broadcasted in black & white ... and depending on the position of the rabbit ears ... the reception was sometimes pretty good ... other times various degrees of 'snowy'.
Was happy for D.D. who predicted that UConn would win by 30 . When I first read that I said 'no way' . Got to give him credit ... right on the $$ .
Be safe tonight if you're travelling in the storm .

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Tattoo coverings seriously? :rolleyes:

FYI Betnijah Laney, Kahleah Copper, and Rachel Hollivay(who wear the them) do not have any visible tattoos on their arms. I believe it's to keep their arms warm or something along those lines.

Reaction Score
Keep their arms warm???? That's the thing about the printed word; it is sometimes difficult to discern jocularity from seriousness. The need to keep one's arms warm on the basketball court goes way, way back in time.......Mikan, Fulks, McKinney, Ferrick, Pollard, Arizin, Skoog, Davies, Baylor, Bird, West, Erving......it was a must for all the greats who ever played the game. Maybe the RAC is unusually drafty???

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
During one of the timeouts the camera was on Bria's face ... and it was taking up the whole screen. With a HD Sony I was amazed at the clarity of the picture ... of course recalling the days as a kid when everything was broadcasted in black & white ... and depending on the position of the rabbit ears ... the reception was sometimes pretty good

the picture of the Rac in HD is always beautiful... I wonder if its the scarlett red. best picture in the college game "hands down"

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I noticed that several of the Rutgers players were wearing long white full arm coverings . I'm thinking tatoo coverings . Anyone else notice that ?

everyone wears the sleeves, Griner did, Sims is... just to name a few.

no big deal about tats, I guess :rolleyes:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Keep their arms warm???? That's the thing about the printed word; it is sometimes difficult to discern jocularity from seriousness. The need to keep one's arms warm on the basketball court goes way, way back in time..Mikan, Fulks, McKinney, Ferrick, Pollard, Arizin, Skoog, Davies, Baylor, Bird, West, Erving.it was a must for all the greats who ever played the game. Maybe the RAC is unusually drafty???
Ewing wore a T-shirt.... soooooo

Reaction Score
Enjoyed watching the Rutgers game on Sunday
During one of the timeouts the camera was on Bria's face ... and it was taking up the whole screen. With a HD Sony I was amazed at the clarity of the picture ....

I remember that shot.....my wife wants to know how Bria keeps her eye makeup (eye liner?) so nice....it's always perfect.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

:rolleyes:

I see you have never heard of Under Armour or Nike Dri-Fit. :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Tattoo coverings seriously? :rolleyes:

FYI Betnijah Laney, Kahleah Copper, and Rachel Hollivay(who wear the them) do not have any visible tattoos on their arms. I believe it's to keep their arms warm or something along those lines.

Or for their moisture wicking properties.. I googled pics from the game... and it looks like Laney has the Nike Dri fit compression long sleeved shirt.. (I assume she sticks with the Nike version as Rutgers is a Nike school). They have versions for exercising in warm weather, and versions for exercising in cooler weather. I have a few that I wear when i go for walks in the park or go to the gym. I even wear them when i cut the lawn in the middle of the summer...... my neighbors dogs look at me kinda funny for wearing full long sleeved shirts in 90 degree weather. Perhaps they think Im trying to cover some visible tattoos ;)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I have no doubt Duke's world class waiters have requirements covering tattoos. Their ability to organize representing the highest of standards for the Duke Waiters Union helps maximize their reputation. Mowing lawn at home or tending tables at Geno's Grille always maintain decorum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom