Question on Seton Hall game yesterday? | The Boneyard

Question on Seton Hall game yesterday?

Reaction Score
My brother called me and asked if I had been watching but I wasn’t. Anyway he called later on in the day so didn’t remember it all, but mostly because he was so perturbed. The guys on the halftime show did a “All Time Big East Mt Rushmore”..... it was the host who he didn’t know his name, Raf, Lavin and Jimmy Jackson. They each got to pick 4 of which could be coach or player. The reason my bro was so pissed off is only ONE guy mentioned Jim Calhoun, yes one guy. Jay Wright was unanimous (lol that’s screwed up) and he thinks the others were Ewing, Mullin and John T. That’s not confirmed but no matter the fact only one mentioned Jim Calhoun is an absolute joke. RAF is on my crap list can’t believe he’d put Jay Wright ahead of JC or for that matter John T.

Ok here’s the guy we should all love now due to his gushing of the program “he put together from a place in Storrs CT that was a cellar dweller until he arrived and put us on the map. Said the Huskies were the absolute best program in the Big East for 20 years plus and he deserves that mountain as much as anyone.”

So be sure you show the most respect you can to STEVE LAVIN, the only one to make sense yesterday.

Anyone else see this? Surprised there wasn’t a thread?

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Lavin may have a bone to pick with Nova since Wright replaced him, but that doesn’t make him wrong. How can you leave a guy with 3 NC’s, an assist on the fourth, and a bottom of the league program elevated to Blue Blood status during his tenure off the monument?

Reaction Score
Lavin may have a bone to pick with Nova since Wright replaced him, but that doesn’t make him wrong. How can you leave a guy with 3 NC’s, an assist on the fourth, and a bottom of the league program elevated to Blue Blood status during his tenure off the monument?

Honestly, they probably forgot. These guys aren't the brightest bulbs

Reaction Score
To me the idea of combining players and non players is ridiculous, since players are only there a few years.

For me, it would probably be Gavitt, Calhoun, Thompson, and Wright over Boeheim to cover the entire history of the conference (plus an extra championship).

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I’m a little confused. I was thinking of Steve Lappas. Doh!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I saw it Mau and to put Boeheim on there (3 of them) intend of JC is mind blowing
I was hoping they would limit it to just coaches and maybe another for just players
Lavin went on forever about JC - for what it is worth
JC won 3 NCs - can any other OBE/NBE say that?, Hell how man coaches period can say that?
JC is on the Mt Rushmore of college basketball all-time

Reaction Score
I saw it Mau and to put Boeheim on there (3 of them) intend of JC is mind blowing
I was hoping they would limit it to just coaches and maybe another for just players
Lavin went on forever about JC - for what it is worth
JC won 3 NCs - can any other OBE/NBE say that?, Hell how man coaches period can say that?
JC is on the Mt Rushmore of college basketball
Inexcusable, there are behind the scenes producers, assistant producers, production assistance ect.. Is this not their job? There is no way JC should of been left off on the Mt Rushmore of college basketball. And I'm not being biased either.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Bit of a weird exercise. I tend to overlook Jimmy Jackson's lackluster contributions on Big East basketball history.

MJ1

Reaction Score
I think the issue hear is that Gavitt, Boeheim, Thompson, Mullin, and Ewing we’re old school originals that started the Big East and Jay Wright’s titles are fresh in everyone’s mind. Calhoun got it going a little later then Thompson/Boeheim and gets lost in the shuffle a bit. It’s a grave error as what he did at UConn was truly unbelievable. 3 National Titles, enough said. He should be on the list. It should be separated by players and then coaches/Administrators.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Their job is to pump up the current teams. They probably stopped thinking of UConn as a Big East team. Raf has long been very positive towards UConn.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
As someone who now has covered the New Big East on FS1 for some time now, Jackson should do better to know the history of the conference outside of that history which informs the "casual" fan. Has to be more than his connection to the Big East, i.e., his Gtown-JT recruitment or general tidbits about the early pillars of the conference, GT, Cuse, Johnnies. Just a bit disturbing when these guys get on waxing eloquently about Big East nostalgia and forget 15-20 years of UConn and Calhoun dominating and carrying the conference. Thank goodness for Donny.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom