Question for you guys | The Boneyard

Question for you guys

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Why am I seeing so many potshots (and cheap shots) being taken at fellow posters? I know the extended quarantine has everyone cabin-feverish and cranky. I’ve had to delete posts by normally even-tempered posters that have been unusually snarky and sometimes downright mean. Can everyone please make an effort to remember that we’re talking a game here for fun and shared fandom?

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Why am I seeing so many potshots (and cheap shots) being taken at fellow posters? I know the extended quarantine has everyone cabin-feverish and cranky - is that it? I’ve had to delete posts by normally even-tempered posters that have been unusually snarky and sometimes downright mean. Can everyone please make an effort to remember that we’re talking a game here for fun and shared fandom?
Nan, I think it's a reflection on our society in general. It's no longer generally acceptable to just disagree with someone. If you disagree with someone now, you have to take them down. It's sad..At least in The Boneyard some people can agree to disagree.

Reaction Score
Nan, I think it's a reflection on our society in general. It's no longer generally acceptable to just disagree with someone. If you disagree with someone now, you have to take them down. It's sad..At least in The Boneyard some people can agree to disagree.
Man this is soooooo true. I think we as the human race have completely folded under recent circumstances. Were not as stable as we thought.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
This is the first forum I've participated in for many years. Due to trolls looking for someone to argue with.

I'm dyslexic. It tends to take me quite awhile to actually compose a coherent paragraph that conveys what's in my mind. So I haven't the time to mess with morons

Here on the BY discussion's I'm looking for information about the kids. The team. The coaching staff. Wonderful nuggets of information that helps me believe I kind of know everyone and get to observe and enjoy their growth. They are"kids".

I personally find it interesting as to how many people find my comments or posts to have enough value to click the like. If someone adds content that makes sense and adds to my post or comment I'll probability give it a like. If someone's reply looks slightly like someone interested in having a pissing contest I Ignore them. Will always Ignore them.

Last thought:
The second most annoying thing on this board following the meanness between posters is an ongoing discussion between 2 or 3 people that has nothing to do with the thread. I've no idea of how many threads I have on ignore not because I'm not interested in the thread. I have no interest in a private conversation. Wish they would text or call each other and leave the BY out of it.

Reaction Score
I want to congratulate the UCONN team for their behavior during games. They treat each other and other teams with respect. I saw that in particular in the Tennessee game. In spite of what they are doing that makes games more interesting for Geno, they are playing as admirable young women. We could learn something from them.

Reaction Score
Great thread Nan. I think we all need a reminder sometimes. It’s been a tough year for everyone. These kids need our support. Remember, we’re on the same side ??

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
This is the first forum I've participated in for many years. Due to trolls looking for someone to argue with.

I'm dyslexic. It tends to take me quite awhile to actually compose a coherent paragraph that conveys what's in my mind. So I haven't the time to mess with morons

Here on the BY discussion's I'm looking for information about the kids. The team. The coaching staff. Wonderful nuggets of information that helps me believe I kind of know everyone and get to observe and enjoy their growth. They are"kids".

I personally find it interesting as to how many people find my comments or posts to have enough value to click the like. If someone adds content that makes sense and adds to my post or comment I'll probability give it a like. If someone's reply looks slightly like someone interested in having a pissing contest I Ignore them. Will always Ignore them.

Last thought:
The second most annoying thing on this board following the meanness between posters is an ongoing discussion between 2 or 3 people that has nothing to do with the thread. I've no idea of how many threads I have on ignore not because I'm not interested in the thread. I have no interest in a private conversation. Wish they would text or call each other and leave the BY out of it.
I've been guilty of that once or twice and I apologize.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
I've been guilty of that once or twice and I apologize.

Meme Reaction GIF

Jim

Reaction Score
Can we at least say that Lady Vol and Fighting Irish fans do nasty things to small furry animals?

Reaction Score
A few come to mind:
Apathy.
Remember the time that Terminator talking about humans said “It’s in our nature.”
You can’t get your face slapped on the internet.
I know basketball better than you.
People listen to respond instead of understand.
Some of us are legends in our own minds.
There was a terrible tragedy. Locusts!!

Thanks for putting up with us.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It's never a bad time to appeal to the better angels of our nature. I do think it's a symptom of our collective moment.

Amid the banter and horseplay, let's find a way to lift each other up at this turbulent and uncertain time when we could all use it. Thank you Nan for prompting us to think about this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom