Question about transfers TO UConn ??? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Question about transfers TO UConn ???

Reaction Score
I saw her play several times her Fr. year. I don't think she would've had a major impact at UConn if she had stayed.

She went back to New Zealand, but not to play "basketball," but some other Kiwi form of the game- "bucket ball"? Or something similar? Gave up the game of "basketball."

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Britney Hunter had been recruited by UConn, and offered a scholarship. But she but decided to go to Duke. As the now well known narrative went, Hunter incurred knee injuries, she and her parents believed she was being given shoddy medical care and advice in order to force her back onto the floor. She left and appealed to Coach Geno, who honored his offer of a scholarship. But due to permanent injury to her knee and resulting pain, she could only practice intermittently, and could play only for a total of 15 minutes per game- and not every game. When she was on the court, she displayed her physical brilliance. But she was hobbled, and left UConn after her senior year without regaining her pre-injury form.

So that is the sort of transfer IN that Coach Geno has accepted in the past.

I think Hunter's situation with the injuries was a unique case 17 years ago rather than the norm. When he took Hunter he definitely was hoping she'd return to preinjury form or become a big contributor.

I dont think Geno really has a transfer "type". Basically if he wants a deeper roster and thinks theyll help on the court or be a good locker room presence, he'll try to take them.

As of late he's had more transfers but they usually dont stack up compared to the kids on the existing roster with the exception being Stevens who still came off the bench despite being an all american caliber forward. Players like Butler, Camara, and Adebayo never found their stride for various reasons.

Westbrooks looks better suited than the 3 above but doesnt have quite the collegiate accolades Stevens did coming from Duke. Next year will tell how well she adjusts to UCONN's system and Geno's coaching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34
Top Bottom