Quarterback Phil Jurkovec is transferring from Notre Dame. | The Boneyard

Quarterback Phil Jurkovec is transferring from Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Isn't there a transfer portal thread for this. I don't have the time to show this person where to find it, but I'm pretty sure it exists.

Reaction Score
Word. But it's nice to see somebody else believe the worth of the UConn Football program more than what most here doubt. Glass half full mindset is always better than glass half empty
Folks literally create these threads anytime a QB hits the transfer portal. Still can't believe we didn't get Martel or Fields. (sarcasm)

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Whoopdee do bring Charlie Weis with ya lol

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Yeah, this one isn’t happening. My guess is that he ends up at PSU, but I’m sure there will be many high-end P5 programs in the running for his services

Reaction Score
He was a dual threat quarterback from western Pennsylvania. If we can convince him to play here he would most likely get immediate playing time.

He wouldn’t get playing time he would be the unquestioned starter. There is zero shot a player as heralded as Jurkovec would transfer to UCONN. He is going to look P5 and if that doesn’t work out (it likely will), G5. Then if that doesn’t work it would likely be high level FCS and UCONN.

Reaction Score
What's even more frustrating about all of this is if you take a look at the Transfer portal there are quite a few P5 QBs in it that are not committed... How does it happen that we miss out on ALL of them??? How does that happen... I just don't understand it.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The vast majority of kids and coaches believe playing for winning teams or in the P5 will deliver more happiness even when the opportunity at that P5 program is actually inferior (even when clearly inferior). I think it’s that simple.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
1578585183482.png

Reaction Score
The vast majority of kids and coaches believe playing for winning teams or in the P5 will deliver more happiness even when the opportunity at that P5 program is actually inferior (even when clearly inferior). I think it’s that simple.
That Matt Cassel effect...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
That Matt Cassel effect...
Bingo. Every P5 recruiter probably has a short list of Matt Cassel stories to share, particularly when everyone including the recruit knows they are likely coming to be the second, third or fourth guy off the bench.

Reaction Score

Ego/confidence in their abilities probably overcomes the history of many QB's, like Carson Wentz, Jimmy Garropolo, Tony Romo, Ben Roethlisberger or even Phil Simms.

Reaction Score
Hafley is going to get talent to BC - I think it’s going to end up being a very solid hire. His recruiting ability is already paying dividends.

Reaction Score
Boston College is thin at quarterback so this was a great pickup for them. It would've been nice if we could've picked him up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom