2021 Recruiting: - Quaran McPherson | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Quaran McPherson

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score

6’3” PG out of Woodstock Academy. Article mentions UConn has offered- “... they got guards there so I would have to go in and take somebody’s spot..”

This news is interesting from the standpoint that apparently T Moore mentioned on a podcast that Hurley is openly operating under the assumption that JB is NBA bound after this season. Thoughts??

Reaction Score
UConn: "Same thing because they got guards there so I would have to go in and take somebody's spot. They feel like they're at home because it's not too far from where I am from and I know some of the players there."

Not exactly a scintillating comment about UConn and how excited he is about the offer.

Where's UMass? Is the romance over and all former connections to Woodstock gone and forgotten?

Reaction Score
Hurley is openly operating under the assumption that JB is NBA bound after this season. Thoughts??
hurley and everyone else

since we already have a 2021 PG, SG, and PF (and cant get another C in between sanogo and clingan) i'm hoping for a Wing to take bouk's scholly this summer. he'd have to be ok with backing up Martin and Jackson but they might both be gone after next season

Cole——Diggins
Gaffney-Hawkins—Adams
Martin—Jackson—Transfer??
Akok——Springs—Johnson
Sanogo--Brown

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I assume not the son of the guy who played PG for DePaul with Quentin Richardson?

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
hurley and everyone else

since we already have a 2021 PG, SG, and PF (and cant get another C in between sanogo and clingan) i'm hoping for a Wing to take bouk's scholly this summer. he'd have to be ok with backing up Martin and Jackson but they might both be gone after next season

Cole——Diggins
Gaffney-Hawkins—Adams
Martin—Jackson—Transfer??
Akok——Springs—Johnson
Sanogo--Brown

Makes sense to me. To that last point, if we are going to actively recruit another high school wing for the 2021 class I was kind of hoping the staff would “play with house money” and pursue someone like Aminu Mohammed. I think we are an attractive destination for a grad transfer as well.

Certainly trusting in DH and staff

Reaction Score
I was kind of hoping the staff would “play with house money” and pursue someone like Aminu Mohammed. I think we are an attractive destination for a grad transfer as well.
would prefer a high school senior or traditional transfer to a grad transfer since we might be losing between 3 and 5 guys in 2022 as it is (cole, adams, martin, AJ, akok). replacing 6 guys in one year is too much

Reaction Score
lower/unranked guy out of Woodstock, wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up with Woodstock’s college team, err I mean UMass.

Don’t know anything about this guy at all though. If Hurley and co are genuinely interested, fully trust their judgement.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
lower/unranked guy out of Woodstock, wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up with Woodstock’s college team, err I mean UMass.

Don’t know anything about this guy at all though. If Hurley and co are genuinely interested, fully trust their judgement.
Woodstock is now coached by the former macduffie coach who gave us bouk and springs.

Reaction Score

Anyone who doesn't trust the staff right now needs to think about who the staff has recruited so far, in just three cycles, despite the sorry state of the program when they came in.

And, more importantly, they've proven they can identify players with major upside and develop them. JB was thought to be a very good player but was not a lottery pick in the minds of the major recruiting gurus and SJ seems to be showing he also has great upside. QM may be the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom