proof that Rotten Tomatoes is a sham | The Boneyard

proof that Rotten Tomatoes is a sham

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
There have frequently been fairly big discrepancies between critic and user reviews/scores. This one is impossible to ignore though.

TBS was aggressively shoving previews for their new series "Chad" in our faces all during the NCAA Tourney. It looked AWFUL! There was no way I was ever going to watch it. Just out of curiosity I looked at some reviews. It's just getting savagely torn apart by everybody...except the allegedly professional critics. They have it rated 90%, normal people 23%. You cannot have that large of a disparity unless someone is flat out lying/pushing an agenda.

Also a 2.5 rating on IMDB, which is the lowest I've ever seen for anything, by a wide margin. The people have spoken.

You could tell this was a train wreck from the ads. I can't believe anyone greenlit this. It's dumbfounding some of the decisions that are made by execs in the entertainment industry.

Reaction Score
From the description, I get the sense this is a diversity special, so not surprising that the politically correct "critic class" of media SJWs think its' GREAT. If they even watched it. I'm not opposed to any movie that is actually good AND offers a social commentary, but the trend towards every single movie having to have some kind of #WOKE social commentary is annoying. The fact that this appears to be the only criteria that "critics" think is important is even moreso.

The "everything in life is politics" universe we live in is obnoxious in the extreme

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It just seems like such a huge misfire that the creator of the show, Nasim Pedrad, insisted on playing the title character. That's cool that she wants to share her experiences of being Iranian/Persian and growing up in America. But a nearly 40 year old actress portraying a 14 year old boy is just dumb. You can't get past uncanny valley.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom