Prognosticator's Predictions Game 8 VS Princeton | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Prognosticator's Predictions Game 8 VS Princeton

Reaction Score
First off, to MSGRET-thank you so much for taking the time to run this great Prognosticators game-it's fun and it amazes me how some people don't understand how much effort it takes on your behalf:)

Ok, now the score-Uconn 76-60-Go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
Based on last year's reaction to Paige's loss, this will be a tough game for UConn. Princeton plays a more deliberate game and UConn may try to hard to try to score right away. I think they will eventually settle down, but I expect a slow start. As long as no starter gets into foul trouble they'll actually win.

UConn 68 Princeton 59

Reaction Score
UConn 72 - Carla's team 67

No Azzi, Caroline and Dorka largely ineffective, if they play at all. I think UConn guts it out, but the streak started with Carla, and it could end with Carla.

Reaction Score
Just a reminder to everyone that the streak of not having back to back losses since 1993 is on the line here. With Dorka and Azzi I wouldn't have been worried, but now who knows. Princeton still doesn't have as much talent, but has a coach that knows Uconn's approach as well as anyone.

I think an ugly win is probable. One that we have to worry about for a while. Maybe 75-68.

After this game assuming a win, the streak may face another potential challenge. Maryland is a possible loss, and the team after that is Florida State, which is hardly a gimme. By then, hopefully Dorka will be back.

When injuries happen early, like both of the last two years, that back to back streak can get tested fairly often with our tougher opponents frontloaded. We had to win the UCLA game last year when we had no healthy backup guards to keep it alive. We did but were also helped by UCLA having a number of injuries themselves.

Reaction Score
A short-handed UConn suits up the team manager ... Huskies squeak by the Tigers 79 – 67. MOV 12

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Just a reminder to everyone that the streak of not having back to back losses since 1993 is on the line here. With Dorka and Azzi I wouldn't have been worried, but now who knows. Princeton still doesn't have as much talent, but has a coach that knows Uconn's approach as well as anyone.

I think an ugly win is probable. One that we have to worry about for a while. Maybe 75-68.

After this game assuming a win, the streak may face another potential challenge. Maryland is a possible loss, and the team after that is Florida State, which is hardly a gimme. By then, hopefully Dorka will be back.

When injuries happen early, like both of the last two years, that back to back streak can get tested fairly often with our tougher opponents frontloaded. We had to win the UCLA game last year when we had no healthy backup guards to keep it alive. We did but were also helped by UCLA having a number of injuries themselves.
Is the maybe UConn? Winning team must be named.

Reaction Score
Princeton is a pesky, well-coached team that plays deliberate basketball.........with the loss of Fudd and possibly Dorka for this game, I think it will be a tough battle.........UConn 74-Princeton 65......just win and please!!!!........nobody get hurt!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
UConn by 65-60 in a struggle. The high-powered offense is sitting on the bench, sadly.

Reaction Score
This is Princeton's National Title game. Plus, they want to be the team forever known as the one that finally caused UConn to lose 2 in a row. With no Dorka or Azzi & maybe no CD, this team will be seriously offensively challenged.

UConn wins a very ugly game 65-60.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom