Prognosticators Game 15 (South Carolina) Predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 15 (South Carolina) Predictions

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
UCONN 75---SC 72 I wish I was more familiar with SC; If they have a player like Dungee(who no one can stop), SC wins.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
SC has trouble with the passing and the pick and rolls. UConn 74 SC 67.

Reaction Score
I've watched several of SC games and don't think they can score with UConn when it is at its best Yes Boston is very good and Paige knows her well (and vice versa). Someone mentioned earlier that the officials could influence the outcome but I think very good ones will do this game therefore: UConn 84 - SC 68.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Notwithstanding how the teams have done this year, I need to wrap my head around what each team lost as a starting point. SC lost Herbert Harrigan, starting forward/center, and Harris, starting PG. UCONN lost Danger and Walker.

Without doing a full rundown of their team, it looks like they only added one new player - freshman Eniya Russell, who averages about 8 MPG, so I don't expect to see her vs. UCONN.

UCONN added Westbrook, Bueckers, Muhl, Edwards and McLean (yeah and 2 others who won't play). I don't think Mir plays either.

So the team who pounded us in Q1, but who we played close to even the rest of the way, lost at least as much as we did, but added nothing of note. So how much better will their super sophs be in addition to new starting PG Henderson and Saxton with Amihere/Grissett/Littleton off the bench vs. what UCONN brings?

At the start of the season, I felt honestly that UCONN was the better team. But that disaster at Arkansas made me rethink. Was it just a bad game with Arkansas playing their A+ once in a season game, or was that a harbinger of things to come when UCONN faces off against a good team whose lunch we don't routinely eat (DePaul)?

IMHO if both teams play their A or A- games, UCONN wins. BUT that means Williams needs to stop with the 3-point bombs away strategy. Muhl and Bueckers need to play tough and smart. Westbrook needs to really lead - with all her experience. ONO needs to be a tough matchup for Boston. I have a feeling Muhl starts and Griffin/Edwards come off the bench. But that will be a tough matchup for UCONN as SC starts Boston and Saxton.

IMHO the key will be to slow Cooke and Boston while not letting the rest of the team go off. No idea what to expect, but I'll predict a close UCONN win in our home court. I do think UCONN is a better TEAM by a larger margin than we were last year compared to SC - maybe SC being better, but not by as nearly as much... if that makes any sense LOL...

UCONN 72
SC 67

Reaction Score
With regret - South Carolina 70, UConn 62.

I believe SC has a more veteran performance level than UConn. Boston looked a tad heavy to me in the TV games I saw and seemed to get winded early - still she outmatches us. Well coached team which can score and play D.

UConn is a work in progress. Sometimes our junior leaders show up, sometimes ONO & CW are lackluster. E adds stability at the helm, but seems a bit hobbled.

ONO still has her freshman year tomahawk swat tendency which gets her in foul trouble. As fun as Edwards is her inexperience gets her early fouls as well. If she & ONO both foul early life will be hard.

Anna's stability and predictability would be helpful in this game. Our talent rich group of individuals still need to woven into a consistent group of performers.

Reaction Score
Hate to bet against UConn, but I think Dawn will have a plan for Paige and it will be too big of a hill for the rest of the team to overcome. South Carolina 78 UConn 74

Reaction Score
Notwithstanding how the teams have done this year, I need to wrap my head around what each team lost as a starting point. SC lost Herbert Harrigan, starting forward/center, and Harris, starting PG. UCONN lost Danger and Walker.

Without doing a full rundown of their team, it looks like they only added one new player - freshman Eniya Russell, who averages about 8 MPG, so I don't expect to see her vs. UCONN.

UCONN added Westbrook, Bueckers, Muhl, Edwards and McLean (yeah and 2 others who won't play). I don't think Mir plays either.

So the team who pounded us in Q1, but who we played close to even the rest of the way, lost at least as much as we did, but added nothing of note. So how much better will their super sophs be in addition to new starting PG Henderson and Saxton with Amihere/Grissett/Littleton off the bench vs. what UCONN brings?

At the start of the season, I felt honestly that UCONN was the better team. But that disaster at Arkansas made me rethink. Was it just a bad game with Arkansas playing their A+ once in a season game, or was that a harbinger of things to come when UCONN faces off against a good team whose lunch we don't routinely eat (DePaul)?

IMHO if both teams play their A or A- games, UCONN wins. BUT that means Williams needs to stop with the 3-point bombs away strategy. Muhl and Bueckers need to play tough and smart. Westbrook needs to really lead - with all her experience. ONO needs to be a tough matchup for Boston. I have a feeling Muhl starts and Griffin/Edwards come off the bench. But that will be a tough matchup for UCONN as SC starts Boston and Saxton.

IMHO the key will be to slow Cooke and Boston while not letting the rest of the team go off. No idea what to expect, but I'll predict a close UCONN win in our home court. I do think UCONN is a better TEAM by a larger margin than we were last year compared to SC - maybe SC being better, but not by as nearly as much... if that makes any sense LOL...

UCONN 72
SC 67
I disagree. If SC plays its "A" game which includes hitting 3s then UConn path to victory is slim to none.

Reaction Score
UConn 77
SC 72
We learned a lot for a young team against the two SEC colleges. We quick studies!

Reaction Score
Please read the Rules posted on if double score's. As stated I go with the first option.

Well, based on ONO's past performances against decent competition I would say the first score is far more probable.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
I am not sure about this one. I think UCONN one minute and then SC the next. I will, as an unbiased person, go with UCONN at home 77-69. There has not been any close games, with UCONN on the winning end of all but one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom