Prognosticators Game 13 (Oregon) Predictions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 13 (Oregon) Predictions

Reaction Score
This should be a great game. Oregon has size, a deeper bench, and much better perimeter shooting. I hope that I am wrong, but I think that the home court tips the scales to Oregon. UConn battles valiantly but loses 68 – 63 .

Reaction Score
Are they even going to be able to get there with all the crazy weather in the Northeast and the flight cancellations ?

Reaction Score
Long flight and time zone change will affect our ladies and free throws will be the key. Uconn loses 68 - 59

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Feathers will be flying! The Dog has its bite back. Defense drives the show.

UConn 74 - 65.

Reaction Score
One thing I like about this match is Graves allways speaks highly of your program, many times you dont hear about it. One to emulate is what he routinely says. That and the fact that Graves and Geno are good friends away from the court and routinely keep in contact off season. That does not all ways happen and that sort of makes it special. We wanted Arizona and got it being in conference. Monday will be fun.

Reaction Score
I am going to go with my head as opposed to my heart, and hope I am wrong, but I think our offense is going to stall, Oregon 66-64.

Reaction Score
Not only is this matchup a great one for the team, but I'm interested to see if some players are up to the task individually. Here's what i mean:

Nika vs Oregon guards: One of the best things about inserting Nika into the starting lineup has been her ability to really pressure opposing guards. She's been able to force turnovers and create havoc, which has helped to slowdown the offenses of Butler and Xavier. Oregon has one of the most exciting backcourts in wbb, now that they are healthy. Endiya Rogers (transfer from USC) has been really solid this season. She hit the game-winner even though she had her shooting difficulties last night. Papao, to me is the best player on the team but has only played 4 games this season. Both are combo guards that can score and handle the rock pretty seamlessly. I'm not sure if pressure will work against those two, who are quick and can handle so well.

CD: She's fearless, and I really doubt anything will get to her, but this will be a big time road environment for a freshman. The last time she was in an environment like this was the GT game, which was tough for everybody. Not only that, but most likely she will be going head to head with Maddie Scherr- who is Oregon's best perimeter defender, and their most versatile player. Scherr is physical and super competitive on both ends.

Dorka- Dorka sort of had a quiet game vs Xavier, but I thought the 8 rebounds and a block were super solid. In this game she really will be tasked, on her ability to play the 4. To start the game, she may be matched up with Sidney Parrish, who has been sort of hot and cold this season (will have 8 3's one game, and then be completely silent the next). Basically, she has to stay attached and not let her get going. However, as the game progresses, she may be matched up with probably the most physical big in the Pac-12 in Nyara Sabally. Sabally is pretty much a bully out there and uses her size well.

ONO - She's put together probably her best stretch of the season, really dating back to the South Carolina game (double figures points 6 out of 8 games). But I think she correctly things of herself as a pro-prospect. I think she will be going against another pro-prospect in Sedona Prince. and Sabally at some points. I think ONO should look at herself as one of the best defensive bigs in the country. If she can lock either of those two up, it would really prove that.

EW- I was impressed last year how she handled her first game back Tennessee. I think a homecoming game is a different type of challenge though. Hopefully coming off the bench will reduce the nerves.

Since this is more of a prediction than a preview thread, my prediction is that UConn will have a really tough time against the Oregon bigs, and for that reason will lost the game sort of handily.

Oregon 71- UConn 63

Reaction Score
UConn 71 - Ducks 61. Will we see Azzi? No boot on her yesterday. If she can run, how long before she runs a few minutes on the court?

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
The one time it would be good if we were the UConn Retrievers.

Retrievers take a bite out of the Ducks by 6:

UConn 70
Oregon 64

Reaction Score
score is tied with about a minute to go. Each team winds up getting 4 free throws. We make 2 of 4, they make three. Oregon 64 UConn 63. Geno says after the game, "their free throw defense was better than ours." For the eighth time or maybe the ninth.

Please let me be wrong.

Reaction Score
IMHO Nika makes a difference, as she's done the last several games! She'll even score 6 to 8 points!
Her intensity drives the Huskies to a close win 70-67!
UCONN is starting to believe they're UCONN again!

Reaction Score
EW has a good game due to being from the west coast the rest of the team has jet lag and Oregon gets home cooking from the officials …
Oregon 70
UCONN 54

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom