Prognosticators Game 12 (Xavier) Predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 12 (Xavier) Predictions

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Xavier is the 2nd worst team in the BE - but a fair bit better than Butler. They did lose to Marquette by 30, and beat Butler by 22. They have close losses to Creighton (16) and Providence (5).

But for UCONN, getting Nika back is much needed relief for the PG duties and running the team. I thought she was one of the most important players on the floor for UCONN - in spite of not scoring. She was all energy and intensity and I thought the team, including Evina, looked better when she was playing.

I would be disappointed if we don't beat Xavier by at least 25. I'm going to guess a 30+ point win. Hopefully we continue to improve every game as more and more of the injured return, and as the rest of the team re-acclimates to life without Paige. I liked our defense against Butler and LOVED the full court soft press, even tho we were thin on the bench.

UCONN 81
Xavier 47

Reaction Score
UConn should win this with very few problems considering that the only Big East win that Xavier has is a home game against Butler, 77-55. There are only two teams in the BE that are lower in the Massey ratings then Xavier (176) and they are Georgetown (179) and Butler (293).

The game is at the XL Center, their home away from home, and hopefully it is a sellout even though Paige is not playing. The Huskies need to finish off Xavier early so that the regulars can rest in the 4th quarter considering they have a game on Monday at Oregon.

UConn was sharp against Butler except for the last 6 minutes of the 4th quarter where it was mostly the bench players playing letting Butler actually outscore them 16-15. UConn will start the game with Nika, Ono, Dorka, CW, and Caroline Ducharme just like they did against the Bulldogs with E the first off the bench. UConn 85 - Xavier 60. All predictions and any changes must be submitted by 12:00 PM Eastern, with the winner being named. Any changes submitted by the deadline will be acknowledged with a like to let you know that the change has been accepted. Attached is the Prognosticator Predictions Rules and Scoring System sheet. Good luck to all you Prognosticators out there.
UCONN 81-56

sun

Reaction Score
UConn Huskies 83 - Xavier Musketeers 57

Reaction Score
UConn 81 - Xavier 58

No reason to run up the score. The bench gets more minutes. Azzi to make a cameo appearance, but trips over Paige's crutch.

Reaction Score
I think the big question is was Connecticut’s offensive outburst the benefit of Butler‘s defense or were they finally showing their expected prowess. And Xavier‘s offense has shown it can score and also shown it can be shut down. Will this be a high teens winn or a 35 point blowout. I will lean towards a blowout. 82-52 Connecticut

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom