Probability UCONN vs Butler is Cancelled | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Probability UCONN vs Butler is Cancelled

Probability UCONN vs Butler is Cancelled

• 100%

• 96.32%

• 100%

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
There are still a couple windows (Feb 18 and first week of March if I recall correctly) where it appears feasible for UConn to play make-ups. Or course this depends on opponent availability.

I appreciate the argument of many posters about postponing everything until Bouknight returns. On the other hand, playing at least some games now a) spreads out the schedule to reduce fatigue right before the conference tournament, and b) affords more reps for role players now.

Reaction Score
Why would they be able to make up games in that window as opposed to the current window?
Because in the current window UConn has only played 9 games. This buys them 2 more weeks to squeeze in more games. If u have to fit in 13 games over a one month span , isn’t it easier to get 13 games in over a month and a half? Our February schedule already getting super tight - UConn might be heading into March with no more dates/room to make up games. An extra 2 weeks cud give them the room to fit in 4 more games. Shoot, Butler already going to get cancelled and prolly a couple more. It’s crazy for every 1 game we play, one gets cancelled. And this buys us more time to get our full big East schedule in. We already got screwed in December in our non conference games. What’s the possible negative to buying us two more weeks down the road into mid March?

Reaction Score
This is BS! Did the powers that be ever stop to consider MY enjoyment? I don’t care if it’s a global pandemic, I want to watch college kids play basketball for free and I’m entitled to it, gosh darn it!

/s

Reaction Score
I don't know about that. The numbers have been going way down in Massachusetts in the last week. Hopefully it's a trend.
You are correct. I saw that today that its trending down across not only Ma. but across the country even in hard hit California. Hope this is a permanent trend. Numbers are still bad and its likely we are just getting through the holiday surge.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Chances NCAA can pull of something in mid to late March like what the NFL is doing for the Super Bowl?? 0%

NFL is letting in 7500 people to the Super Bowl who will have already received their COVID vaccinations. Priority will be given for Tampa area and central Florida area health care workers and each team will have an allotment for health care workers in their cities. Total of 22k to watch Super Bowl. Now I'm sure the NFL is doing this as a tax write off or some other financial reason. The shield doesn't ever pass up a chance to make a buck.

NCAA tourney will be six week past the Super Bowl. US is inoculating more than 800K per day now. Going conservatively with 750k per day, that is still at least 30 million more people inoculated by March Madness. No reason they can't have a reasonable amount of fans in the seats for the tourney games.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
We have (had) 4 games scheduled over the next 8 days, 2 road games (@Creighton & @St Johns) / 2 games against the top 2 teams (Nova & @Creighton) in the conference. Butler at home was probably the easiest game in that stretch. Out of all the games to get cancelled, wish it wasn't this one haha.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Repeat -
If they don't change the current protocols, then the odds are very strong that the season is going to get s--tcanned.
Repeat-
There's no chance the season is canceled.

No way the entire season / march madness is going to be canceled, but for individual teams there are definitely some issues with the current protocols. Here is a scenario to consider.

What happens if a player on a team like Nova tests positive during the Big East tournament. Under the current protocols they wouldn't be eligible to play the first weekend. So is the NCAA going to tell a potential #1 seed with strong title contention odds they are SOL? Do they push back the entire tournament to accommodate them?

What happens if a team like Nova reaches the Final Four and a member of the staff tests positive? Do they DQ them? Push back the Final Four 2 weeks so they can play?

Unless they change the protocols to something like they did for football (isolation of player / staff member and everyone else proceeds with caution) the NCAA is putting themselves in risk of facing weird scenarios. I guess it's the times we are living in and we just got to accept that something weird will happen, but the current protocols will only increase the likelihood of that happening.

Just something interesting to consider.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
No way the entire season / march madness is going to be canceled, but for individual teams there are definitely some issues with the current protocols. Here is a scenario to consider.

What happens if a player on a team like Nova tests positive during the Big East tournament. Under the current protocols they wouldn't be eligible to play the first weekend. So is the NCAA going to tell a potential #1 seed with strong title contention odds they are SOL? Do they push back the entire tournament to accommodate them?

What happens if a team like Nova reaches the Final Four and a member of the staff tests positive? Do they DQ them? Push back the Final Four 2 weeks so they can play?

Unless they change the protocols to something like they did for football (isolation of player / staff member and everyone else proceeds with caution) the NCAA is putting themselves in risk of facing weird scenarios. I guess it's the times we are living in and we just got to accept that something weird will happen, but the current protocols will only increase the likelihood of that happening.

This is an asterisk* year no matter what, if we even get that far.

I dont doubt that the NCAA will try to shoehorn a tourney. But it is going to be the biggest clusterF ever, and NO ONE is going to be happy except for the team that lucked into the title.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
That team has a name. It’s UConn.

I dont doubt that the NCAA will try to shoehorn a tourney. But it is going to be the biggest clusterF ever, and NO ONE is going to be happy except for the team that lucked into the title.

Reaction Score

This is a very valid point. I do believe Gavitt said that they would be coming up with a more concrete plan in the coming weeks, but according to the initial plan they released, sounds like a team would be SOL.

Personally, I just can't imagine them not coming up with some sort of contingency plan if a team tests positive, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be the guy coming up with the plan. No matter what, someone will be unhappy with whatever they decide. Should be interesting.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
general comment:

Oh what a tangled web we weave/When first we practice to deceive

Oh what a tangled web we weave/When first we practice to deceive’ means that when you lie or act dishonestly you are initiating problems and a domino structure of complications which eventually run out of control.
yup.

Reaction Score
Guys, this is friggin stupidity. If they can administer piss tests and monitor kids for laundry money, they can certainly get these kids vaccinated in the next week and follow up 28 days later. The level of ineptitude is stunning.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Guys, this is friggin stupidity. If they can administer piss tests and monitor kids for laundry money, they can certainly get these kids vaccinated in the next week and follow up 28 days later. The level of ineptitude is stunning.

Why bother vaccinating healthy 18-22 year old people who may see more symptoms from the vaccine than they would from the disease. They aren't and shouldn't be a priority over people who are actually at risk.

Suggest that the NCAA tournament take place at least 10 days after the end of conference tournaments. Bubble it and hope for the best.

Reaction Score
Shirley, you can't be serious. I wanna yell at you, but I don't wanna feel silly if it turns out you were being facetious. Please advise.

Reaction Score
They are not and should not be a priority for vaccination. That us lunacy

August_West

Reaction Score
CT teachers haven’t been vaxxed. CT manufacturing companies ( who , you know, actually run the economy here) haven’t been vaxxed, but by all means let’s get the hoops team vaxxed! And the folly there, with the timelines on the tourney and everything else you could vax em tomorrow and it wouldn’t make a difference season wise. Sounds great.

August_West

Reaction Score
This is simple stuff . The ncaa tourney shouldn’t start before mid April. But the ncaa, screwing up everything always, demands March 13

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Of course they're will be a tournament, a completion to the season, and a champion. Just like there has been in every other major sport and none of the champions will have an asterisk.

Reaction Score
I'm glad you're not in charge

August_West

Reaction Score
Of course they're will be a tournament, a completion to the season, and a champion. Just like there has been in every other major sport and none of the champions will have an asterisk.

Its gonna be a hot mess.

Reaction Score
For those wondering why you can't push back the tournament, think about where the revenue comes from. CBS/Turner deal is the big $$. If you try to push the tourney back to April and may you now interfere with other sporting events that they carry such as the Masters on CBS, MLB on turner channels, etc.

The tournament pretty much is what it is. Same with the entire season. I'm personally grateful for every game I get to watch and I understand the selection committee is going to have to make some difficult and sometimes unfair decisions. I'll enjoy what I can get out of this year and hope COVID is only a memory by next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom