Princeton Postgame Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Princeton Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
The women that played the last 26 minutes is a group that most of the rest of the country would be lucky to root for as their starting lineup. It's amazing how spoiled some people have become.

Tonight was all about the essence of competition. Do you have what it takes to compete? To try your best? To win? We should all be as proud of the women who played tonight as most any UConn team we've ever seen, not because of their talent, but because of their commitment. There's nothing more a fan can ever ask then "Did you give everything you have tonight?"

I Love This Team!

Reaction Score
Sitting in front of your TV, not knowing the condition of a player, and you think it was the dumbest coaching move you have ever seen. You must not watch much basketball. Plus, she was injured, which Geno knew, and you did not. Maybe just watch the games and leave the coaching to a pro.
Absolutely #1 Florida. I agree. Its easy for people to criticize, especially when they have no idea what's going on. I think Geno knows a bit more than all those critics put together.

Reaction Score
I did not know that Lou was injured, nor did the analysts who did the TV play-by-play, and kept asking why wasn't Lou in the game at this juncture? So if they were not aware, it is difficult for me to be aware... So I will amend my commentary to IF Lou was able to play, keeping her out was the dumbest coaching move ever.... Maybe you should save your asinine advice for someone who needs it...
I don’t watch games with the sound on but wouldn’t just plain old common sense tell you, and more pertinently, them, that she was hurt?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Why is Caroline playing if still injured?
How many games did she play last year with a head injury? Caroline played all of last year with a hip injury as well. How many games did Azzi play last year with a foot injury? Paige played most of her freshman year with a foot injury. Liv played most of last year with a groin injury. Christyn played an entire year with an elbow injury. I remember Lou Samuelson played almost an entire year with a foot injury that was so bad the doctors wonder how she played at all when they went in for surgery. Shall I continue?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
See my answer to Soxx.

Reaction Score
As I said. the game analysts were asking the same--several times. No info was given as to why Lou wasn't in the game--she wasn't being attended to by the trainers. The sideline reporter gave no update on Lou... Sorry my clairvoyance wasn't on tonight...

Reaction Score
I did not know that Lou was injured, nor did the analysts who did the TV play-by-play, and kept asking why wasn't Lou in the game at this juncture? So if they were not aware, it is difficult for me to be aware... So I will amend my commentary to IF Lou was able to play, keeping her out was the dumbest coaching move ever.... Maybe you should save your asinine advice for someone who needs it...
The analysts, if they had any brains at all...would have figured out that she was injured. I guess, that they thought that in a close game, Ines just jumped over Lou in the depth chart. LOL

Reaction Score
Geez, I guess tonight I have to set everyone straight. Caroline had hip surgery last Spring and did not play any ball for a long time. She is probably not 100% but it looks to me that she is way out of shape.

Reaction Score
The analysts, if they had any brains at all...would have figured out that she was injured. I guess, that they thought that in a close game, Ines just jumped over Lou in the depth chart. LOL
Good point...

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Sorry, but Maryland by 12.

Can't you just wait for the MD pre-game thread? We're still talking about Princeton here. It was an exciting game. I'm thankful Princeton uncharacteristically missed a number of FT's. We gutted out a tough one with end of the bench players.

Reaction Score
We missed 6 foul shots tonight. But UCONN caught a break when Princeton also missed 6 foul shots (68%). That team is usually automatic from the free throw line!

sun

Reaction Score
AFAIK the NCAA allows teams to play with less than 5 players.
I found a NCAA rule for 2013-14 & 2014-2015 stating that a team can continue to play as long as it has 1 player and the officials believe that the game can still be won by either team.
Some but not all conferences adopted a new rule requiring 7 players + 1 coach during covid, that could result in a forfeit for intra-conference games only unless the game was rescheduled.
Sunday's game with MD is not an intra-conference game.
If you can find better info. then please correct me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The point I was trying to make, to no avail it seems....in the 4th qtr, the ONLY guard we had was Ines Bettencourt ( who as a freshman has had very little playing time). So to say, wow we had 27 turnovers....makes no sense to me.
Also, we may have to bring walk-ons on, (if Muhl and Lou are out) as any players foul out, we could end up with 4 players playing.
Understood and agreed. The players on the floor do not get a lot of playing time, we were without our floor general Nika. TOs were bound to happen and I'm not shocked that we had so many in the 2nd half and no one else should be.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You can't say that because the game before ND she had to great games.She is lacking confidence because of her not making her 3s and layups. It's not so much her shooting it's the fouls and the turnovers. Driving to far in the lane to commit an offensive foul or turn the ball over. It's her decision making.
In the postgame presser, Lou praised Aubrey for not hesitating and for having the confidence to shoot.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I would like to toss out there that some players were playing out of position. Lou isn’t a point guard, neither is Aubrey. Aaliyah had to handle the ball against the press. There were times there were 4 forwards and a guard, a good chunk of the game after Nika was hurt, actually.

Could they have played better? Sure, and maybe Geno and CD could have practiced scenarios with a 4 forward lineup which, given the injuries wasn’t all that far fetched. But inexperienced players gutted out a win against a well -coached team with, I think, 4 post grad players. The Huskies showed a lot of character and I’m proud of them.

I’m proud of Carla, too. I saw her Tufts team play for the D3 national championship in Indy (the game was played during the D1 Final Four weekend). The stands were packed with UConn fans. Great coach, player, and person

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom