Princeton, NJ | The Boneyard

Princeton, NJ

Reaction Score
Heading down Thursday to visit a friend in the Philly suburbs of NJ. We can't meet up until 4 PM, so was thinking of checking out Princeton on the way down for an hour or two.

Is it worth visiting? Any others towns in that general area close to 95 that would be worth a jaunt? I've been to Collingswood and Haddonfield and liked both.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Lived there for 3 years at the turn of the century. Princeton Borough (Boro) where the campus is, is a nice place to walk around and get a bite to eat. Not sure what's still there but the old haunts were the Alchemist and Barrister (steak), and Halo Ice Cream. Both are in and around Palmer Square. Off Nassau St (Rte 27). The Princeton Battlefield Site (park with a few monuments) is just outside of town and Washington Crossing (of Delaware fame) is not too far away, but if you are going that far I'd suggest a stop at New Hope, PA. It's a walkable shopping/antiquing/dining area. Everything else (along Rte 1) is strip mall / big box central.

Franklin Mills is/was? a giant shopping complex on the road to Philly where you could spend a few hours, but not sure what condition it's in these days being a large suburban mall/outlet complex. They used to have a massive indoor skate park and a Jillian's plus a bunch of stores you would and would not find in your typical CT mall. Underrated at the time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom