Predictions: UConn 80 - Notre Dame 63 | The Boneyard

Predictions: UConn 80 - Notre Dame 63

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
I'll preface with the standard disclaimer before every 2012-2013 UConn game...I will not be the least surprised to see a UConn blow-out today! Just as with Stanford, we create the match-up nightmares for ALL other teams. Unless ND plays it's "A" game, for 40 minutes and hits ALL their shots...it could be over for them very early. :)

Here's the [non]scientific calculus employed - Taking the three results from ND games against the ranked teams (Baylor, TA&M, UCLA) they've played this year as a baseline...ND's scoring average is 73.3 ppg, while giving up 70.3ppg. I take 10 pts from ND's 73.3 ppg today because we're the best "D" in the country and we're at home. I add 10 pts to our scoring output over the 70.3 ppg they've allowed in those same games, because we're the #2 scoring offense in the country and we're at home.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
As long as we win and don't have to go in to OT, I will take either of these scores in a heartbeat! But I like Replicant's math!!

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
84 - 53. Hope it gets ugly as team wants to make a point in this game. Stanford was business, this one is personal.
When Tara stated that we were "on a mission" in Palo Alto last Saturday, she was right. The girls are ready, willing and capable of settling some old scores this year, like busted streaks and stolen semi-finals. ;)

We know Kelly, CD, Bria and Stef have good short term memory and will look to take a comfortable enough lead to over compensate for gold & green tainted officiating. Geno was setting that table with his statements during yesterday's presser.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is a really tough one for me to predict. Do we play the way we did against Stanford and blow them off the court, or play like we did vs. PSU and Maryland - winning somewhat handily (if you look at the score), but never really pull away and get bogged down in the physical nature of the game?

I think ND plays more like PSU and Maryland than they do like Stanford, and I think ND is more talented than any of those teams, even Stanford at this point. Loyd has been sensational, & McBride and Achonwa are both better than I think anyone on here predicted (except for a few of us who said Achonwa was going to be really good this year - she did, after all, play on the Canadian national team in the Olympics).

I think UCONN won't get much more than 70, so i'll say UCONN 72, ND 59

Having said that, I hope we win by 25+. This is a team i really want to pummel.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Boy I don't know, I HOPE these double digit and 20 point win predictions come through but I'm thinking more like 70-63.
It will depend if Diggins is hitting (And/or getting calls). They always seem to play us tough.

Reaction Score
DDs stats show a closer game than many may wish for. Plus, I suspect ND advantage in getting fouls called will serve to keep score close in points and in defense tactics. This will be especially if Stef and/or Stewie, let alone both, get 2 early ones.

Sorry to say, but I suspect another nail biter.

UCONN 82
ND 80 in overtime

Bottom line=UCONN wins the close one this time.

Reaction Score
Guys this is a NO BRAINER;) Geno cant say it,but we can

For those of you who predicted a close game against ST;)
I didnt! Relax LOL:eek: Guess What ST is better than ND!

Ok ST is better ND We destroyed ST at Maples the game is being
played at HOME
We have better #s than ND other than FT shooting

Geno has been working the media and the refs
since last weekend after the ST game

We have played 5 teams in the Top 25 wins 5-0
+121 avg 24.2*** 1 of those wins without Bria others with her not
100% 2 at H 1 N 2 A The game at #1 ST A*** W 61-36
KML out for 1 1/2 games
They have played 5 teams in the Top 25 4-1
+40 avg 8*** 2 at H 2 N 1 A The game with BA at H*** L73-61

2 Common Opp Texas A&M A W 81-50 N 82-73****

Purdue N W 91-57 H 74-47

Aside from the obvious of that inf We have played a much tougher schedule #3 vs #26
We played our ist game this season with the "6" starters healthy against
ST well KML was recovering from illness;) Everyone is healthy today
but Stokes and hmmm she practiced some this week

I'll preface with the standard disclaimer before every 2012-2013 UConn game...I will not be the least surprised to see a UConn blow-out today! Just as with Stanford, we create the match-up nightmares for ALL other teams. Unless ND plays it's "A" game, for 40 minutes and hits ALL their shots...it could be over for them very early. :)

Here's the [non]scientific calculus employed - Taking the three results from ND games against the ranked teams (Baylor, TA&M, UCLA) they've played this year as a baseline...ND's scoring average is 73.3 ppg, while giving up 70.3ppg. I take 10 pts from ND's 73.3 ppg today because we're the best "D" in the country and we're at home. I add 10 pts to our scoring output over the 70.3 ppg they've allowed in those same games, because we're the #2 scoring offense in the country and we're at home.

I really want this one. Take no prisoners. Hold them to 12 at the half!

You guys think we are pumped up Well we all know how the kids feel;)
Doggy did a great job providing analyze

Ist game back Ist game as #1 at home THE GAME IS AT HOME

With the stats we win by 20-30 and aint that close
With the other factors OMG Give me a break
Home court
Revenge,Payback,Take No Prisoners etc
Throw everything out and guess what We are much better than them

Before the season it was BA and Us and the next 2 seperated from the ist 2 and ND
below at #5 YIP 12 games into the season When Healthy that is correct

Blow Out Early and let the fun begin with KML*,Bria,Stewie, big scoring games KF all
around game shuts down whoever she guards

Like last week we out Offense and Out Defense them 87-59 coulda been more ;)
Chiney watching in Palo Alto?
GO UCONN #1 WOMENS TEAM
Ira

Reaction Score
Boy I don't know, I HOPE these double digit and 20 point win predictions come through but I'm thinking more like 70-63.
It will depend if Diggins is hitting (And/or getting calls). They always seem to play us tough.
I was just thinking the same, maybe 69-64. Just don't see ND getting crushed.

Reaction Score
I think this starts close, but you know the UConn players really want this one. This is home and it's personal this time. Bria, Kelly, Kaleena, and Stef are tired of losing to ND and they are going to come out angry and ready for a fight. This ND team is very different from last year; I think they will but up a good fight, but I just don't think they match up well and that is good to have an affect on the game. My prediction: 68-54 UConn.

Reaction Score
Uh-oh, Purdue and Nebraska are tied with 2 sec left. Overtime means a delay in seeing the UConn game. Rats!

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Well, we're all losers! :(

But acknowledgements to Eric for nailing UConn's 72 points accurately and jplotinus for his 2 point game differential being closest to the final 1 point game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
msf called a close game.

Given our recent history with ND, I was worried. I was hoping for a blowout, but alas ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom