Predictions: UConn 75 - Stanford 62 | The Boneyard

Predictions: UConn 75 - Stanford 62

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Let the game begin!

Today's game is the type that can create legends and I have a suspicion that a UConn star, or stars will elevate to meet that occasion. Armed once more with DD's surgical dissection of today's match-ups, I'm liking our chances...A LOT! :)

We gotta make the shots we usually do (of course) and I'm confident the defense will be there as always. Our defense has held the four ranked teams (TA&M, Purdue, MD and PSU) we've played this season to an average of 52 ppg. I'm spotting Stanford another 10 points because they're better than those four teams [MD ?] and they're at home. At the same time (barring horrific officiating), I see the Card struggling to keep us under 80 pts.

I'm tired of hearing about Stanford breaking our consecutive game win streak. Let's bust up the Maples streak and 'California Dreamin' today! :D

Reaction Score
I am cautiously optimistic about this game. However, I do no think the margin victory either way will be more than 10, neither team will allow for that. I'm going with a UConn win; close first half, UConn starts to pull away in the second half, but Stanford keeps it close and keeps throwing (metaphorical) punches. UConn wins 64-57.

Reaction Score
Let the game begin!

Today's game is the type that can create legends and I have a suspicion that a UConn star, or stars will elevate to meet that occasion. Armed once more with DD's surgical dissection of today's match-ups, I'm liking our chances...A LOT! :)

We gotta make the shots we usually do (of course) and I'm confident the defense will be there as always. Our defense has held the four ranked teams (TA&M, Purdue, MD and PSU) we've played this season to an average of 52 ppg. I'm spotting Stanford another 10 points because they're better than those four teams [MD ?] and they're at home. At the same time (barring horrific officiating), I see the Card struggling to keep us under 80 pts.

I'm tired of hearing about Stanford breaking our consecutive game win streak. Let's bust up the Maples streak and 'California Dreamin' today! :D

Fits right in to my 12 - 15 point prediction, NICE!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
That's the spirit! :eek:

Don't want to tempt the mojo gods - also the 'Yard has tended to overestimate the margin this year against better opponents. I just want the W and have a lot of respect for just how tough this game could prove to be.

Also, Maples is a snake pit. The frosh will have an eye-opener today; we'll see how they respond!

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Don't want to tempt the mojo gods - also the 'Yard has tended to overestimate the margin this year against better opponents. I just want the W and have a lot of respect for just how tough this game could prove to be.
I hear ya, but I share the same affliction as TonyC and expect really, really good things to happen every time we take the floor.

I was forcing myself to remain conservative with my 13 point (win) prediction, as I think we have the ability to blow them out and Geno will not be tapping the brakes today if the opportunity arises.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Hope I'm wrong, but I think Stanford's home court advantage is going to be too much for Breanna, Morgan and Moriah. Stanford wins a close one 71 - 65. Refs will play a role as Stanford will play a rough physical game and won't get into foul trouble. I expect UConn will get into foul trouble even though they won't play the physical game that Stanford will. Stanford will play the more aggressive game and gets away with, partially due to their home court advantage. If I'm wrong in my prediction, then Banks has an amazing game and is the difference maker.

Tara was playing to the media and refs earlier this week, when she said she doesn't like the physical game and her team plays tough defense. She may not like the physical game, but her team relies on their physicality and she recruits for it. Why are all her best players physical front court players. Its been a while since she's had a finesse guard or wing as her best player. Half of their roster is 6'2" or taller and most are not known as finesse players.

Reaction Score
Hope I'm wrong, but I think Stanford's home court advantage is going to be too much for Breanna, Morgan and Moriah. Stanford wins a close one 71 - 65. Refs will play a role as Stanford will play a rough physical game and won't get into foul trouble. I expect UConn will get into foul trouble even though they won't play the physical game that Stanford will. Stanford will play the more aggressive game and gets away with, partially due to their home court advantage. If I'm wrong in my prediction, then Banks has an amazing game and is the difference maker.

You'd expect freshman to have a hard time in a game like this with all the hype and the hostile home crowd...it shouldn't surprise anyone if you're right. My gut feel for this game, however, is that Breanna rises big time to the occasion in the familiar company of Stef, Bria, Kaleena, Morgan and Moriah. I also think Morgan is ideally suited physically to have a very good game against the trees...and think she'll be pivotal.

Brianna is another player that can shine against the Stanford perimeter players...they are too slow to stay with her and she is too strong to body up...she could be in for a little national coming out party of her own.

I already expect Bria and Kaleena to light it up...especially having viewed the Baylor and Tennessee games. And if Chiney has to chase Breanna all over the lot, Stef should have a lot of one on one scoring opportunities down low.

Kelly is usually my game MVP...she will captain the defense and make sure that the athleticism scales are firmly tipped toward UCONN. Against the slow trees, she's going to look like Sheena of the Jungle...another triple double possible...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
UCONN 64
Stanford 59

I have a hard time imagining UCONN will put up more points than they did against lesser teams of Maryland and PSU. I'd love to be wrong and see a 15+ point victory at the end of the game...

People who think UCONN has a big advantage in athleticism and speed are going to be very surprised that there is NO advantage. I used to think that in the past when we played a "slower, nonathletic" Stanford team. Was SHOCKED that we had no advantage whatsoever in that area.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If the officiating doesn't slow down the game excessively, I see UConn getting even more than that. UConn 87-69 (and you can Banks on that)...
LOVE your avatar!! Great use of photo shop, something i'm totally clueless about...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno noted that Chiney plays harder than anyone. Kelly will need to match that, as will Kaleena et al. I think we win as long as we are aggressive. If Stanford punches (figuratively), we need to hit back harder and often.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Tara was playing to the media and refs earlier this week, when she said she doesn't like the physical game and her team plays tough defense. She may not like the physical game, but her team relies on their physicality and she recruits for it. Why are all her best players physical front court players. Its been a while since she's had a finesse guard or wing as her best player. Half of their roster is 6'2" or taller and most are not known as finesse players.
Nice job playing the mojo card. :)

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Geno noted that Chiney plays harder than anyone. Kelly will need to match that, as will Kaleena et al. I think we win as long as we are aggressive. If Stanford punches (figuratively), we need to hit back harder and often.
This is a prediction? ;)

Reaction Score
We take out the crowd early with a run and maintain control of the game
throughout! KML and Bria have repeat big games against ST<last year 25 and 18
respectively> they are joined by Stef,BB, and Fr Phenom Stewie in a points party!
The team is led by SR AA Candidate Kelly F. who puts on a Stat Stuffing Party for
a National Viewing Audience shocking the Left Coast;)

Those concerned about jinxing us because we "only" won by 15 against both MD
and Penn St:eek: Relax! Regardless of what we say or Post the Kids,other than Stokes,
are HEAlTHY and ready to play! Those worried about matchups they have to matchup
against us also! We can go BIG we can go big and faster,or smaller and faster!
We can out score them and out Defense them!
This amounts to a Big Win!
Does this game count as nothing more than a measuring stick,Dec game, Hell No!
The winner of this game will be ranked #1 and most likely the #1 seed come March
Madness. Of course we have other excitng games down the road.

We were ranked amongst the top 2 prior to ST's win over Baylor! I watched the game
and with only 4 minutes from their All American Pt Guard Baylor Lost by 2. Did everyone
across the nation forget that? Props to ST for winning,but the voters got it wrong!
Today we see how wrong!

UCONN 74-59 00ps 15 pts;)
Ira

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
59 61 Uconn...nervous nervous....
Breath Semper...breath...breath. Tell yourself it's only a basketball game...only a game...only a....geez, get a grip on yourself! :eek:

Reaction Score
We take out the crowd early with a run and maintain control of the game
throughout! KML and Bria have repeat big games against ST<last year 25 and 18
respectively> they are joined by Stef,BB, and Fr Phenom Stewie in a points party!
The team is led by SR AA Candidate Kelly F. who puts on a Stat Stuffing Party for
a National Viewing Audience shocking the Left Coast;)

Those concerned about jinxing us because we "only" won by 15 against both MD
and Penn St:eek: Relax! Regardless of what we say or Post the Kids,other than Stokes,
are HEAlTHY and ready to play! Those worried about matchups they have to matchup
against us also! We can go BIG we can go big and faster,or smaller and faster!
We can out score them and out Defense them!
This amounts to a Big Win!
Does this game count as nothing more than a measuring stick,Dec game, Hell No!
The winner of this game will be ranked #1 and most likely the #1 seed come March
Madness. Of course we have other excitng games down the road.

We were ranked amongst the top 2 prior to ST's win over Baylor! I watched the game
and with only 4 minutes from their All American Pt Guard Baylor Lost by 2. Did everyone
across the nation forget that? Props to ST for winning,but the voters got it wrong!
Today we see how wrong!

UCONN 74-59 00ps 15 pts;)
Ira
Wow! Your prediction was really really well thought out and quite accurate. Good Job!!!!

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Since no one was even close to the final score, or spread...I think we should declare Wbbfan1 the winner for being FURTHEST from the pin! :p

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is a prediction? ;)
Rather wimpy, huh?

I didn't want to mess with the mojo. I was thinking maybe 70-55, but was reluctant to quantify it. I just wanted to make sure that we played with great intensity for 40 minutes. Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom