Predictions this season - total losses and how far in NCAA's? | The Boneyard

Predictions this season - total losses and how far in NCAA's?

Predict total losses, AND how far in NCAA's will we go?

• 0 losses, NC champ

• 1 loss, NC champ

• 2 losses, NC champ

• 3 losses, NC champ

• 1 loss, lose in NC game

• 2 losses, lose in NC game

• 3+ losses, lose in NC game

• 1 loss, lose in final 4

• 2 losses, lose in final 4

• 3+ losses, lose in final 4

• Multiple losses and UCONN loses in the elite 8

Results are only viewable after voting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So one of the recent threads got me thinking, since people were starting to predict losses and NCAA advancement, that maybe a poll would be fun!

You are choosing only 1 answer, but it's a 2 part question.

1) How many TOTAL losses will UCONN have after their season is done this coming year?

2) How far into the NCAA's will they advance?

For me, this team is as strong a lock for the final 4 as most teams in UCONN history, so I only gave 1 option for folks who want to vote for UCONN losing in the elite 8 or sooner.

Reaction Score
I pick 0 losses, NC Champ.

This 2021-2022 class is too strong to be defeated by any school even Stanford or South Carolina. Paige and Azzi this combo will surprise everyone and make many records.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I Love Lucy What GIF by Paramount+

I might as well change my signature to "We're Doomed!"

Reaction Score
I think we matchup with every team in the country unlike the past few seasons. That makes me confident that there won’t be any games on the schedule where I expect all. But after watching the Arkansas game last year, I think one unexpected loss can almost be expected. It’s been a long time since an undefeated season, so I think that one loss is reasonable. I think our maturity and depth lead us to the NC.

Reaction Score
I think we matchup with every team in the country unlike the past few seasons. That makes me confident that there won’t be any games on the schedule where I expect all. But after watching the Arkansas game last year, I think one unexpected loss can almost be expected. It’s been a long time since an undefeated season, so I think that one loss is reasonable. I think our maturity and depth lead us to the NC.
Yep I agree I think one loss can be expected and is honestly good. Losing makes elite teams better. There’s also just a certain way only a loss can push you and help you learn/grow. It’s good to identify weaknesses in a regular season loss to be ready for post season.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I know what I'd like to pick, but well you know......mojo.

However, maybe I'll be sly like a fox and say let's go all the way.

Reaction Score
We have the talent to go all the way this year (barring catastrophic injuries).
Think that somewhere along the line there will be one loss.
The game in Arkansas last year was sort of a blessing in disguise.
Geno tried to stress the importance of lock down, all out effort defense but wasn't getting through.It was more fun to run and gun.
It's great to average 87 points a game...until the other team scores 90.
Like a slap in the face to wake you up.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
We have the talent to go all the way this year (barring catastrophic injuries).
Think that somewhere along the line there will be one loss.
The game in Arkansas last year was sort of a blessing in disguise.
Geno tried to stress the importance of lock down, all out effort defense but wasn't getting through.It was more fun to run and gun.
It's great to average 87 points a game...until the other team scores 90.
Like a slap in the face to wake you up.
Welcome aboard the BY.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I picked 1 loss and NC. SC could be a struggle with a packed house of crazy fans, and we always seem to play Louisville too early, before Geno figures out his squad. I think there is a even chance that we can win both and go undefeated, with the NC.

Reaction Score
Any team with a 6 or 7 rotation, which means that there is no good sub in some positions, can have a bad game or weakness due to injuries.

But, assuming that Nika will start (which I think she will), they can bring in Azzi, Dorka, Evina, Aubrey, Saylor, Caroline, Amari, and Mir-great skill and experience in every position.

Losing a game?

Reaction Score
Yep I agree I think one loss can be expected and is honestly good. Losing makes elite teams better. There’s also just a certain way only a loss can push you and help you learn/grow. It’s good to identify weaknesses in a regular season loss to be ready for post season.
Is that why UConn has six undefeated seasons? Just saying.

Reaction Score
Is that why UConn has six undefeated seasons? Just saying.
Times have changed. Uconn is not the only top dog anymore. Look at the loss to Arkansa and what the players learned from that. Geno has even said it’s hard not losing a game/blowing teams out because then when they do face adversity it’s so new.

Reaction Score
The increased competition in practice for playing time will give us the competition that the Big East doesn't. Liv has to go against Dorka and Deberry and Edwards. Facing good bigs all the time is really going to help us. Stanford has 3 and so does South Carolina. Our outside shooting should be better so the only weakness I see is a stopper for really quick guards. Mir and Aubrey are the two best candidates. So All the way with no losses. Go Huskies

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Times have changed. Uconn is not the only top dog anymore. Look at the loss to Arkansa and what the players learned from that. Geno has even said it’s hard not losing a game/blowing teams out because then when they do face adversity it’s so new.
Mmm has he said that exactly?

Reaction Score
The increased competition in practice for playing time will give us the competition that the Big East doesn't. Liv has to go against Dorka and Deberry and Edwards. Facing good bigs all the time is really going to help us. Stanford has 3 and so does South Carolina. Our outside shooting should be better so the only weakness I see is a stopper for really quick guards. Mir and Aubrey are the two best candidates. So All the way with no losses. Go Huskies
Since our Arizona "lesson", its been a reoccurring theme. However, a well coached "help" defense - trapping the player, works pretty well. But, evidently it wasn't part of the plan, or not executed. Pitino's teams have always used it to their advantage, as will his Iona team. Let's hope it's something we use more effectively against quicker guards. And, from what we've already heard from our players, even those new to the program, they are driven - expect great things, and a season to remember:cool:

Reaction Score
IMO, cakewalk to FF. They'll advance further this year than in recent years by making it to the Title game. But, I think other top teams are more physical, bigger & just as talented and Geno loses a very close one & his perfect Title game record is over. This is assuming no key injuries during the regular season which is a big assumption.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
.... so the only weakness I see is a stopper for really quick guards. ...
i'm getting nauseous seeing this fantasy repeated so often people will start believing it ... no such creature exists in this universe ... a really quick talented offensive basketball player can only be stopped by being outwitted, out-lucked, or by a team ... a talented player isn't gonna consistently be outfoxed one-on-one and i doubt we'll ever find a 'stopper' who can cast quick hex on her, so we'd best plan on the team slowing the really quick guard, or guards, down. .... cause it's the only way it will be done, other than counting on her just getting a case the 'uconn yips' that will take her out before tip-off

Reaction Score
It wasn't meant to be funny. UConn has as many undefeated seasons as every other team together.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I chose undefeated. When you have a go to POY in Paige and you add Azzi a player who many have said is better then Paige well thats 2 go to players and although Azzi hasnt played a game yet with UConn I feel it will be the Paige and Azzi show and they will be tuff to stop. The weakness's we had as a team last year have been filled. We have a really good bench and depth at every position. Its gonna be really hard to stop UConn this year because of the depth. Barring injuries we could very well have a season where we beat every team by double digits.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom