Predictions for 2022 | The Boneyard

Predictions for 2022

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
What are your conference realignment predictions for 2022?

What other college sports related predictions do you have for the upcoming year?

Here are my major ones:

1) ESPN/FOX renew rights with the B1G.

2) As a result, CBS gets the Tier 1 rights to the Pac-12 and displays the game of the week on CBS usually consisting of either Oregon or USC.

3) The Big East adds Gonzaga for the 23/24 season.

4) The Missouri Valley adds Murray State, UIC, UTA, and UMKC

5) Chicago State finds a home in the OVC and adds football.

6) C-USA expands to 12 after the NCAA convention with Stephen F. Austin, Missouri State, and McNeese State.

7) The WCC adds Seattle and Denver to get to 10.

8) The College Football Playoff is expanded to 12 for the 2024 season with auto bids for the P5 and top G5 conference champs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What are your conference realignment predictions for 2022?

What other college sports related predictions do you have for the upcoming year?

Here are my major ones:

1) ESPN/FOX renew rights with the B1G.

2) As a result, CBS gets the Tier 1 rights to the Pac-12 and displays the game of the week on CBS usually consisting of either Oregon or USC.

3) The Big East adds Gonzaga for the 23/24 season.

4) The Missouri Valley adds Murray State, UIC, UTA, and UMKC

5) Chicago State finds a home in the OVC and adds football.

6) C-USA expands to 12 after the NCAA convention with Stephen F. Austin, Missouri State, and McNeese State.

7) The WCC adds Seattle and Denver to get to 10.

8) The College Football Playoff is expanded to 12 for the 2024 season with auto bids for the P5 and top G5 conference champs.
I enjoy the insights and click as soon as I see this thread in bold. At this point, I don't know if any realignment would benefit UCONN. I just don't see the B1G or ACC inviting UCONN any time soon, and of course, I hope I am wrong. Big East Basketball and Independent Football seem to be the path forward for UCONN.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
A college program will make Urban Meyer a head coach by December 2022.
Piggybacking on this, I'll wager that some schools who aren't thrilled with their current situation have already begun conversations with UM's representatives. Knowing his history, I imagine Meyer will only consider a) high profile schools in power conferences and b) a situation where he believes he can win a title.

While it may make our buddy Pudge cringe, I would wager that UCLA is the top school on Meyer's radar.

Reaction Score
Piggybacking on this, I'll wager that some schools who aren't thrilled with their current situation have already begun conversations with UM's representatives. Knowing his history, I imagine Meyer will only consider a) high profile schools in power conferences and b) a situation where he believes he can win a title.

While it may make our buddy Pudge cringe, I would wager that UCLA is the top school on Meyer's radar.
Texas. Sarkisian barely made it thru this season. a slow start next year and Urban could be the coach by October 1

Reaction Score
I'm confident Sark will finish 3 seasons. As for Meyer, I think he's right - the portal has caused his style of coaching to become obsolete.

Reaction Score
I don’t see the WCC going for Seattle or Denver. Both schools have miles to go before they’re in they offer any appeal to a league that’s on the precipice of sending 3-4 schools to the tournament. More likely is they poach the most attractive program from the Big West, maintaining this Cal-centric footprint. Perhaps a UC-Irvine or UC-Santa Barbara.

Reaction Score
The WCC is based (like the Big East) primarily on private/faith-based institutions. Seattle & Denver fit that model; while the UC or Cal State schools do not.

That said.. other than if they felt the need to backfill (which means Gonzaga left), backfilling BYU with either doesn't make sense, BYU hadn't been in the league long and either (or both) schools would actually weaken the strength of schedule that Gonzaga, St. Mary's, etc need to make the tournament/enhance their seeding. Both schools have long coveted membership in that conference and could be added at any-time. I think they'll simply return to their schedule from the 2010-11 (and earlier) season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom