Predicted Big East Standings - December 2 Edition | The Boneyard

Predicted Big East Standings - December 2 Edition

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
As of today, what do you think the Big East standings will be at the end of the year? We can update every few weeks.

1) Villanova - class of the conference, but they are not dominant. They will lose 3 or 4 games.
2) Seton Hall - consistency will be an issue, but SHU's "A" game is as good as any team in the country's. Rhoden enables them to match up with anyone. Willard does not play Obiagu enough.
3) Marquette - Shaka Smart is on track to BE Coach of the Year. They do have a tough schedule in the next two weeks, but this team looks good.
4) UConn - like the defense for the most part, but the offense needs some work. Martin being out is going to hurt.
5) Xavier - I really like the talent on this team and think Freemantle will be first team Big East. I just don't like Travis Steele as a coach. He reminds me of Lappas. Knows his X's and O's but is just small time.
6) Providence - Cooley will win 19-21 games with this team and steal a bid and get knocked out in its first tournament game. All-in-all, a typical Providence basketball season.
7) St. Johns - I have been underwhelmed by SJU this year. They are not as good as I expected.
8) Creighton - A gentle schedule and a mediocre Nebraska team have Creighton with a good looking 7-1 record, but this team is about to lose 2 in a row. McDermott is going a good job, but this team is a year away from competing for a bid.
9) Depaul - talent is not there yet, but this team doesn't suck anymore, and Stubblefield may be able to coach a little. Everything about the team seems like a big improvement over last year.
10) Butler - slow and unathletic, but they can shoot and they don't completely suck if Nze is playing. They will pull a couple of upsets.
11) Georgetown - This team just sucks. It will take a miracle for Ewing to keep his job, and a winless season in the Big East is a possibility.

Other than #11, I could be talked into shuffling this. What do you think?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I know it was late when I made this post, but how did it end up on the Entertainment board?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I know it was late when I made this post, but how did it end up on the Entertainment board?
Well, I remember you once writing 'elsewhere' that your best work could be found in Entertainment. I'm only here because somebody Liked a long reminiscence I wrote about pitch, thread was shifted here, and this particular Title was intriguing when I saw what Forum I was in and backed out to see what else was here.

You're not wrong for wondering.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34
Top Bottom