OT: - Preakness Stakes | The Boneyard

OT: Preakness Stakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Avoiding a curse. I think it was eight horses died the week before the Kentucky Derby. How the hell does that happen?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Avoiding a curse. I think it was eight horses died the week before the Kentucky Derby. How the hell does that happen?

I'm sure plenty have more in depth knowledge but the trend over past 20 years has been to breed for speed instead of strength and endurance.

Us, like cycling, sprinting and several other sports the goal of taking drugs until you get caught and then paying the price is prevalent in horse racing.

Horses are trending towards greyhound racing in that it more of a scratch off lottery mentality than it is an investing strategy. Horses used to be bred for long-term sustainment. Now it seems like they just want to get their glory and make the quick buck on each horse.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Ya ya ya. Who are we betting? I’m fading Mage. Would like to see the price on the field vs him. Probably too much to lay.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ya ya ya. Who are we betting? I’m fading Mage. Would like to see the price on the field vs him. Probably too much to lay.
I'm thinking you fade Mage at your own risk. It's amazing how clear things get after the race is run. Before the KD, perhaps the only knock on favored Forte was that he had to work so hard to beat a nobody like Mage. Now the story is Mage was good all along. And he's lightly raced. The trainer is a question mark, he's never been here before. But he clearly knows his horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom