Pre-Season Bracketology | The Boneyard

Pre-Season Bracketology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

EW BRACKETOLOGY: Kim Mulkey's move from Baylor to Baton Rouge continues to impact the bracket. Baylor falls to a No. 2 seed, while LSU moves into the field as a No. 9. No. 1 seeds: UConn, South Carolina, Stanford and Maryland

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
So happy that Charlie is earning a preseason paycheck and giving the NCAA Selection Committee their postseason outline.
How can he possibly "predict" how 64 teams will end up before a single team has played a game? Or is this just his 2021 final prediction but edited because of Kim deserting Baylor? I have no idea because I don't really pay attention to his "work".

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Unless I'm not reading it correctly, ain't no way that is right. SC is the overall 4 seed? There is no way they should face UCONN in the semi's. He should switch Maryland and SC so that the final 4 potentially is UCONN-Maryland and SC-Stanford...

The entire brackets don't have to be redone - just switch the positioning of Wichita and Greensboro. Note - given that he said UCONN is currently the overall 1 seed, I'm assuming the "seed" order is UCONN, SC, Stanford, Maryland.

Reaction Score
There's a few things that stuck out to me, starting with Georgia as a #10 seed. I know this has been discussed a bit in the general board but I am shocked to see a team that returns key players and brings in some good recruits seeded so low (I thought they would be in the 4-6 seed range). Also, Texas as a #9 seed? I know they lose Taylor and Collier, however they bring in a solid recruiting class and history has shown to never count out Schaefer's squad.
Unless I'm not reading it correctly, ain't no way that is right. SC is the overall 4 seed? There is no way they should face UCONN in the semi's. He should switch Maryland and SC so that the final 4 potentially is UCONN-Maryland and SC-Stanford...
I believe in the past that Creme's projections would say that the brackets don't reflect FF matchups, but I can't find it on this Bracketology. But by any means, I agree.

Reaction Score
I would definitely move Iowa into a 2 seed above Indiana and Baylor. I think the basketball community is having a hard time accepting how the Mulkey change really means something. You'd think folks would have learned their lesson by watching Miss State last year when Vic left. These things matter.... There is always an impact when a coach changes at a top team.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Here's some fun with the first two Bracketology predictions. I've created a grid to show top 4 seeds in each region, showing movement every time there are changes:

1634660706747.png

All changes showing in italics. Green or red shading, up or down a seed, blue text for change in region, purple text for new entry in the top 16 spots.

Reaction Score

The entire brackets don't have to be redone - just switch the positioning of Wichita and Greensboro. Note - given that he said UCONN is currently the overall 1 seed, I'm assuming the "seed" order is UCONN, SC, Stanford, Maryland.
Is the Bridgeport/ Greensboro semifinal matchup set in stone? That is the only reason I can see South Carolina and NC State over there instead of facing Maryland in the other bracket.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Talk about “Way too early.”

I agree. I just like charting the movement to see the "accuracy" of early season predictions. Should be interesting.

Reaction Score
Preseason polls are bad enough, but predicting the 64 team bracket before a single game is played just seems to be above and beyond......
Then maybe dont read it?

Many people find it fun and enjoyable. AND ESPN finds it worthwhile enough to provide it. I think that's preferable to no coverage.

Reaction Score
Preseason polls are bad enough, but predicting the 64 team bracket before a single game is played just seems to be above and beyond......
Should be considered totally useless garbage aimed at dedicated WBB fans anxiously awaiting their favorite team to begin play.
Total crapola.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Should be considered totally useless garbage aimed at dedicated WBB fans anxiously awaiting their favorite team to begin play.
Total crapola.
Hmmmm. “Dedicated WBB fans anxiously awaiting their favorite team to begin play?”

That surely sounds like the BY………

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not sure why people are complaining about a preseason bracketology. Nobody is forcing anyone to read it. There are plenty of other threads and articles about the upcoming season and starting lineups and player endorsements out there to take up one's time before the season starts.

Reaction Score
I’m just calling it what it is.
Haven’t gone over it.
Why?
Don’t mean diddley. ( and I don’t mean Bo)

Reaction Score
Don’t mean diddley. ( and I don’t mean Bo)
lmao.
You're on a fan message board, dude. All we do is give opinions, comments, chatter. This is pretty much the definition of don't mean diddley.
Ah the irony.

Reaction Score
lmao.
You're on a fan message board, dude. All we do is give opinions, comments, chatter. This is pretty much the definition of don't mean diddley.
Ah the irony.
What comes next?
Preliminary bracket for the 2024 tourney?
Next week?
HaHaHaHa

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
11/17 update - I'm a bit weary from travel, so if my color codes aren't correct, shout out.

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 7.16.59 AM.png

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Kind of interesting that Creme decided to redo the brackets after yesterday's game. Still a long way to go before the tourney.

1637704940724.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger