Practice facility dedication on Friday....whose name will be on it? | The Boneyard

Practice facility dedication on Friday....whose name will be on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Anyone have any insights as to who it will be named after? A company that has made a big recent donation?
A family?

Interesting that the ceremony to unveil the name is being made on Friday....First Night. I assume that is on purpose...I assume many current players....men and women....will be there. And some of the recruits coming for the weekend????

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
One thing is for sure... MY name will not be on it. :p

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Jim Auriemma or Geno Calhoun? Just as long as it isn't named after a politician.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Anyone have any insights as to who it will be named after? A company that has made a big recent donation?
A family?

Interesting that the ceremony to unveil the name is being made on Friday....First Night. I assume that is on purpose...I assume many current players....men and women....will be there. And some of the recruits coming for the weekend????

There was an article saying that solicitation was underway for a donation for the name. Just hope its an individual like with the Football facility and and doesn't become the ESPN UCONN Training Facility ;)

Whoops......Sorry, I guess that's old news . It's a done deal but the name is on the building but part of it is covered by a white canvas. So I guess we'll know on Friday.

Last edited:

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Or perhaps the nice people who gave all those millions of dollars....

Reaction Score
Yes, John Toner and Dave Gavitt are my guesses......Or, one of the Big banks who sponsor both teams.........

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
The speculation on the men's board is that it's Ray. Thoughts?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The web site of this facility puts a price tag on everything and what appears to be the naming rights has a nice price tag of $10 million.

Reaction Score
Just call it, "The Champions Center."
Yeah I agree. I like this idea. Every school now wants to name every last little square of their campus after someone. Are schools really that hard up for money? Does everyone that donates to their alma mater have to see their name on the side of the building?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Are schools really that hard up for money?
They would say yes.

Would you as a taxpayer have supported the cost of building this facility out of the state's budget? Or a soccer stadium?

Reaction Score
Personally I think it should be called the Auriemma-Calhoun Center... without those two leading the teams UCONN would not have been the powerhouse it is, and would not have needed the facility. They deserve the credit regardless of who donated money.

Does anyone know if the center will be open to the public?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think it would need to be Myer$ for consideration.
Well that definitely ain't gonna happen. Unless I won the lottery last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom