Potential Transfers Into Program in 2018 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Potential Transfers Into Program in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anybody know about Jaleel Fields, DE transferring from WVU. He hasn't done a whole lot there but was scheduled to be a starter for WVU last year. I read somewhere that he was going to go to Indiana PA. Unless there are other issues, I would think UCONN could lure him over Indiana PA.

He is from Aliquippa, PA, a little over an hour from IUP. Wants to remain pretty close to home....

Reaction Score
Here's more info on Gray. Looks like he has 2 years after he sits out a year. And Brendan Devera is also leaving the program. Brendan made an official visit to UConn back in Jan 2017 before committing to Rutty three days later.

Rutgers linebacker Brendan DeVera and safety K.J. Gray dismissed from football team

Brendan DeVera, Rutgers, Fullback

Was just coming back to post... be interesting to see what the violations were.

DeVera was the UNH commit who decommitted, held offer, visited and then committed to Rutgers. Have to wonder if it was fit/talent/or unforgivable violation.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Was just coming back to post... be interesting to see what the violations were.

DeVera was the UNH commit who decommitted, held offer, visited and then committed to Rutgers. Have to wonder if it was fit/talent/or unforgivable violation.
Yeah - agreed on the question of fit/talent or real violation. DeVera's brother just committed to Rutgers a couple weeks ago, so it will be interesting to see if that sticks.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Wasn’t KJ Gray originally a WR recruit? Or am I thinking of someone else?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
His most recent twitter follows are coach cox, tre bell, and jamar summers...hopefully he doesn’t ask summers if it’s fun playing here lol

Reaction Score
The article doesn’t position them as RKGs.

Wasn’t sure about the initial article but this one surely doesn’t.

Rutgers players under investigation for fraudulent use of credit cards

>>The probe -- which is being conducted by the Rutgers University Police Department -- could involve as many as eight players, NJ Advance Media has been told. NJ Advance Media is withholding the names of the players allegedly under investigation because no one has been charged.<<

Reaction Score
Wasn’t sure about the initial article but this one surely doesn’t.

Rutgers players under investigation for fraudulent use of credit cards

>>The probe -- which is being conducted by the Rutgers University Police Department -- could involve as many as eight players, NJ Advance Media has been told. NJ Advance Media is withholding the names of the players allegedly under investigation because no one has been charged.<<

Rolling, rollling, rolling...
Ex-RU player charged with marijuana possession in June

Reaction Score
I hope, within 5 years, this thread has real traction for us...

We got one transfer so far... one.. and camp starts n a few weeks....

smh....

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I hope, within 5 years, this thread has real traction for us...

We got one transfer so far... one.. and camp starts n a few weeks....

smh....

I think we need to take more chances on guys who screw up. I’m honestly tired of the whole RKG thing. FAU takes plenty of those guys under Kiffin and he seems to know what he’s doing

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think we need to take more chances on guys who screw up. I’m honestly tired of the whole RKG thing. FAU takes plenty of those guys under Kiffin and he seems to know what he’s doing

If Randy rolls out a team that plays more physical, more crisp and smart, then he will have a better vantage point to sell transfers next spring. Right now, the jury is out. The emphasis on fitness and physical development needs to show results on the field this fall to demonstrate that Randy emphasis on effort can bear fruit. I'm not talking about wins, just playing quality football.

Reaction Score
Agreed...

We keep playing the "you get no 2nd chances card" it might be a loooooong time before the light at the end of the tunnel gets here..

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm posting this just because Cam Goode came from Saint Johns College HS where our recent commit Cameron Ross is at and Braden Bapst who we offered for the TE position. Also, Trey Williams is headed there this fall.

Anyways, what's kinda of interesting is that someone on twitter is indicating VT wont be welcome at SJC HS anymore. I guess some bad blood here. Story indicates that maybe Goode is not making the expected fitness effort.

Virginia Tech releases DT Cam Goode from his scholarship, set to transfer

Reaction Score
I'm posting this just because Cam Goode came from Saint Johns College HS where our recent commit Cameron Ross is at and Braden Bapst who we offered for the TE position. Also, Trey Williams is headed there this fall.

Anyways, what's kinda of interesting is that someone on twitter is indicating VT wont be welcome at SJC HS anymore. I guess some bad blood here. Story indicates that maybe Goode is not making the expected fitness effort.

We should be all over this kid like stank on Sugar Honey Iced Tea. Like right now.

Reaction Score

Tweet has been deleted

Reaction Score
One can always dream (which I'm about to do). Imagine Goode AND Jones manning the trenches on D for us ????

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Beggers cant be choosers, but my transfer wishlist starts with TE, then LB and DL. Oh, I like QBs and Corners too. I think we are good at RB and WR unless its some local four star looking to come home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom