Potential postgrad transfer watch 2017/18 v2.0 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Potential postgrad transfer watch 2017/18 v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Grad transfers should be used to fill holes because the recruits we had penciled in are either falling short or left prematurely. It feels like our biggest hole is at the 5. This kid would fill that nicely. There are others listed here but, you know, our conference sucks so there is no way a kid would leave a P5 school for UConn, right? That is the narrative, correct?
Basketball isn't football -- in this sport there are 6 elite conferences. And we had a player from one of those (Gibbs, from Seton Hall) on last year's team.

This kid seems like a perfect fit but, for some reason, I doubt we will reach out to him.
Contextually your comment seems to be referring to the tOSU kid, but you actually quoted the post about the NIU kid. So I'll answer both:

The tOSU kid would be perfect, and I'm certain we'd recruit him if he was available. The NIU kid is less than perfect because he's only an ok rebounder and is a poor shot-blocker, and I have my doubts the staff would see him as an upgrade.

Reaction Score
We lost our one-and-done so I don't see why people are so opposed to getting one of these kids and especially if they will play in a spot that is a gaping hole for us in the foreseeable future. Did people not want to land Diallo because we had too many new faces?
I'm not totally against bringing in a solid grad transfer. But I think what Diallo also brought was national exposure of an elite recruit and future lottery pick for Uconn and help with future recruiting

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I'm not totally against bringing in a solid grad transfer. But I think what Diallo also brought was national exposure of an elite recruit and future lottery pick for Uconn and help with future recruiting
I think that's why many/most of us wanted to get Diallo. Little question IMO his impact as a UConn grad in the NBA would be larger than his impact as a one-and-done wing who can't really shoot.

Still bummed we missed him. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34