Potential 2017 Grad Transfers.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Potential 2017 Grad Transfers....

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I could see a new OL taking shape with a 5th senior at LT, Cam DeGeorge at OG, Crozier at Center, Homles at OG and Peart at RT. Or switch DeGeorge to LT and move a 5th year senior to OG (a flip flop [Minter!?]). Hopkins, Vechery and Oak would be the primary interior back ups and I no idea who would be the Tackle back ups. I want Tunstall and Van Demark to train this spring-summer like they might get the backup OT job.

Reaction Score
How does he know about our WRs? I'm pretty sure the tape showed BS looking for Thomas and then running.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure we'll be obsessed with OL from now until next years class is finished. Another WR would be nice but next year RB will still be a priority. We're gonna need 1-2 studs there.

The DC will have a clearer picture of what our needs are on that side after the Spring, because we don't really know what guys can do based upon how they were coached last 2 years. The depth chart is hard to evaluate given the current scheme changes.

Reaction Score
How does he know about our WRs? I'm pretty sure the tape showed BS looking for Thomas and then running.

I suspect you can learn a lot about a WR even when nobody throws them the ball. Can they run a route, can they block, are they so slow they'd be called a Real Kludgy Dude?

Reaction Score
Maybe the staff has watched game tape and practice tape and come away less impressed with the WR than us fans. They do get the benefit of full field footage which can tell you a lot more about WR play than regular tv coverage. Otherwise, I don't know - other than Edsall has been clear that they would like to add a WR transfer. Or maybe the staff has concerns some of the WR won't be around here this fall.
Keep in mind the receiving corp has very little game experience. I think RL and RE probably want to bring in a veteran guy to lead a young, potentially talented group. A guy that can mentor them and take some of the pressure off them. I don't think it's an indication of a lack of talent, they're just inexperienced and unproven.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Keep in mind the receiving corp has very little game experience. I think RL and RE probably want to bring in a veteran guy to lead a young, potentially talented group. A guy that can mentor them and take some of the pressure off them. I don't think it's an indication of a lack of talent, they're just inexperienced and unproven.
I think your summary nailed it K1. Think how many times our young guys were thrown to... 2-3? Nah...but it was WAY too infrequently. RE & RL realize you can't go into next season with so little experience at WR and expect that things will work out.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Lack of quality, lack of depth or inexperience, however you spin it, he was clear on two occasions they are looking for a 5th year senior at WR.

In any event, if they manage to plug in a 5th year WR and OL player, you start to get really excited about next year. Pindell + Williams + Newsome + Skanes + Dixon + new WR should be interesting. And Myers + Davis to mix it up further. Mayala and Beals too.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If we could even pick up one of the aforementioned quality OL to plug into the new system right away, it would be huge. I'll wait for the Twitterati to tell me who is following whom, so that I can get irrationally excited...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
They need more talent at wide receiver and my hope is a transfer will come in for next year.

Reaction Score
Of all these guys mentioned here I'd be ready for the call to show up at Minter's house with a bag full of cash.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I could see a new OL taking shape with a 5th senior at LT, Cam DeGeorge at OG, Crozier at Center, Homles at OG and Peart at RT. Or switch DeGeorge to LT and move a 5th year senior to OG (a flip flop [Minter!?]). Hopkins, Vechery and Oak would be the primary interior back ups and I no idea who would be the Tackle back ups. I want Tunstall and Van Demark to train this spring-summer like they might get the backup OT job.

Gotta think Pert stays at LT.

Reaction Score
If y want to feel
that and the other WRs were covered. We need a transfer WR!

I understand that we don't have anybody proven, but we actually do have a lot of young POTENTIAL returning at WR:

Keyion Dixon - 6' 3'' sub 4.4 speed. Maybe the best athlete we have ever had at WR. If he can catch the ball could be a superstar.

Mason Donaldson - I know this guy hasn't received a lot of talk but go check out his hudl video. 6' 2" with some nice running ability after the catch.

Skanes - has 4.4 speed and plenty of moves.

Bryan Coney - 6' 1" 4.5 ish speed and supposedly "catches everything" per that newspaper blurb about him last year.

add these guys to the group of returning Jr's who have already played and we should be solid at WR. Not seeing the big worry here. Lets not underestimate how badly the offensive coaching staff stunk last year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can see transfer WR but want to see what Beals can do in this offense as old staff elevated Mayala above him after Beals great game against Navy in 2015 which could not figure out. Only three legit starters are Peart, Hopkins and Crozier, true freshman Holmes at RG and either transfer or DeGeorge/Rutherford battle it out for last spot. See two other true freshmen in two deep.

Reaction Score
Derrick Vickers (WR,RB/Bakersfield College) JUCO was recently offered by Texas A&M. Kid could be a good fit in Laslee's offense, shows great burst in his HUDL video.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom