Post passers | The Boneyard

Post passers

Reaction Score
One thing I have “enjoyed” watching this year is Geno’s effort to make ONO into a high post passer. She is clearly no Stephanie but he must think she can do it.

Someone in the SC game review suggested that Boston is clearly better the ONO. To me that comparison is apples and oranges. Boston came into college ball as a banger and has continued to do well in that role.

ONO will never be a banger IMO and really doesn’t have great footwork. So I am watching with guarded pleasure as Geno prepares her for the “next level” in a different way.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Excellent points. Liv’s team leading 6 assists in last night’s game were critical. Now, if she could only hit that 18’ shot from the key consistently, UConn would be unbeatable.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Liv is a junior and quite frankly has been disappointing in her inability to play to her strengths and correct her considerable weaknesses. Yes passing is a strength of Liv. I don't care about her preparation for the WNBA as much as I care about her preparation for her next UCONN game. No one is expecting her to be a banger and please note that none of her 4 personal fouls last night were "banging" with Boston they were mostly of the cheap variety and at least two were entirely avoidable. It was also entirely unacceptable for her to be hoisting 3pt shot attempts at that critical juncture (4th Q) in the game. Unacceptable because SC gave her those exact same shots earlier in the game and she missed all but one. BTW I think you are very much underselling Boston. Boston came to college not just as a banger but also with very good midrange which she has managed to expand to the arc. Boston used that mid range jumper put SC up by 4 points with under 3 minutes left in the game and prompted Paige to go put on her cape and come to the rescue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom