Post Mortem Army | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Post Mortem Army

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There’s the breakdown on offense. For team stats. Offense got more first downs and moved the ball much better against a much tougher opponent. Purdue’s back ups could probably compete possibly beat army’s back ups. Leave this out there for some thought

Attachments

• D0AF48AB-C93C-4A98-9265-504AD8EEF44D.png
    D0AF48AB-C93C-4A98-9265-504AD8EEF44D.png
    577.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 2AE099E2-A439-4A9B-B65E-62E433619CE9.png
    2AE099E2-A439-4A9B-B65E-62E433619CE9.png
    693.8 KB · Views: 113

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I think it's great that the Service Academies can put together such tough teams.
I think we all forget the sacrifices that these cadets make to our country and their education. No way could most D1 student- athletes play at such a high level while taking such a rigorous course load.
Definitely. I root for them anytime they aren’t playing UConn. They are our people and our defenders…the best of the best.

Reaction Score
It's against Army's second team but it's pretty clear Tyler P can do a lot more things than the other 2 qb's. Who cares that he's a freshman, Edsall was a special kind of stubborn and stupid.
This might be the understatement of all time

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Stockholm syndrome has arrived with a vengeance. Next we'll be searching for positives in hanging tough in the first half against Ms. Porters.

Temple was lot better when they were kicked out of the BE.

Reaction Score
Jack Z should never throw another pass in a UConn uniform - maybe a receiver?
you get that feeling actually when you look at what Tyler P did today

Reaction Score
UConn fans happy about UConn looking competent for the first time all year. The horror.
There were positives but what was the score at halftime? I liked some of what I saw in the second half. But let’s not assume that it shows a sudden competence that will carry forward against any starting D Coming up on the schedule.

Reaction Score
I also felt the the D didn’t realize how fast Army’s O really was. Playing against the scout team vs the real thing means taking better angles…we didn’t and that’s on the coaches.
Our defense was not properly prepared today. I agree, that's on coaching, or lack of...that urked me more than anything. LBers constantly out of place, bad angles, getting caught in the wash, late getting to the play. Thank God Monken put in his own mercy rule.

Reaction Score
They could be a top 25 team their defense was ranked high last year and returned almost everyone. Tyler Phommachanh did pretty good job there
will be a big improvement after they get him to look at film this week. Hard to understand how secondary is so bad. I though when Perkins was brought in we would have had improvement but we seemed to regres.
Perkins????? As in Lew???? Huh????

Reaction Score
Hunter Webb and Tyler Phommachanh...gets me to the game next week.
Hunter Webb got a crazy baptism today. He got stonewalled pretty good a lot today. I think the only time I saw him get penetration was when Monken went into mercy rule mode with his offense and kept running the same dive play. Glad to see him get some live game reps though.

Reaction Score
No. To my eyes Steven Krajewski was much more poised in the pocket. Hit receivers (also had a TD dropped) and ran effectively. And he did it against a much better defense.

I would love it if Tyler Phommachanh was great. But he wasn't. And he not any better that Steven Krajewski, to my eyes he wasn't as good.
He was also in his first start...EVER.

Unless he totally craps the bed, you stick with him for the rest of the season. If Jack Zergiotis and Steven Krajewski haven't shown enough to be far ahead of a true freshman by now, they never will.

Reaction Score
There were positives but what was the score at halftime? I liked some of what I saw in the second half. But let’s not assume that it shows a sudden competence that will carry forward against any starting D Coming up on the schedule.
I haven’t seen anybody making any giant leaps. We suck. I think that’s been established. God forbid people look for some bright spots.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Sadly, if we get two wins this board will be desperate for Spanos to be the coach.

The bar is so low, we have the teams our fans deserve.
That’s so wrong….if he can turn this bunch around, he at least deserves a look. A clean sweep just means another 2 years of this.

Reaction Score
I think it's great that the Service Academies can put together such tough teams.
I think we all forget the sacrifices that these cadets make to our country and their education. No way could most D1 student- athletes play at such a high level while taking such a rigorous course load.
Amen... and welcome to the board.

What i thought was pretty awesome after the game was how both teams came together as Army did their fight song.

Great comradarie.

Reminder that at the end of the day this is only a game.

Reaction Score
That’s so wrong….if he can turn this bunch around, he at least deserves a look. A clean sweep just means another 2 years of this.
Not necessarily. A good coach can improve upon this immediately. We can't really get worse.

AND...MFin Diaco had them in a Bowl Game in year 2 and he sucked.

Reaction Score
There’s the breakdown on offense. For team stats. Offense got more first downs and moved the ball much better against a much tougher opponent. Purdue’s back ups could probably compete possibly beat army’s back ups. Leave this out there for some thought
Most important stat to me is points scored.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Amen... and welcome to the board.

What i thought was pretty awesome after the game was how both teams came together as Army did their fight song.

Great comradarie.

Reminder that at the end of the day this is only a game.
Best part of the game…so glad they showed it. I mentioned it to my wife and said we probably wouldn’t see it because of TV time. I stood for it in my family room and we were genuinely moved by it.

Reaction Score
LOL but we covered for first time in a long time. Kickoff return for TD first since the Fiesta Bowl. Most of the playmakers today were freshman! If recruiting class can be kept in check or improved and supplemented with some portal players, the right new HC could get us bowling next year. A glimmer of hope.
TWO big time returns. I like that kid, sSpecial team are our strong suit.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And people argued and had the nerve to say that Edsall didn’t have a grudge against Steven Krajewski. I hope this proves I was right. Jack Zergiotis got 12 starts to Steven Krajewski’s 0.
I think things can be more complicated - what if some QBs practice well- but can’t perform during game time? That might be more the story here. That said, good coaches recognize those situations and make the game time changes.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
With this O line, Tyler Phommachanh is the QB
Regardless of what Palentine's eyes saw, Z and Steven Krajewski cannot be effective at all w/o a ton of protection.
BTW, look under Optometrist in the yellow pages Pal

Reaction Score
This might be the understatement of all
That's debatable, let's not pretend Purdue is an elite defense, good certainly, but Army also plays tough defense. To me its a wash.

Army is very capable of beating Purdue head to head.
Most definitely not a wash. Please name me one player on Army’s defense that is projected to go in the top 15 NFL draft next season. I’m waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom