Post-game Presser | The Boneyard

Post-game Presser

Reaction Score
i pulled up a post game presser with Geno on Facebook. I just typed in Uconn women's basketball and took it from there. I'm not sure how to "share" so maybe some tech savy boneyard can work their miracle and post it. It was pretty entertaining stuff.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not the presser but the highlights

I took a still of CW's serious tone after her blow by layup ( among multiple) at the 4' 49'' mark

1543509590703.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Thanks. Best part in last minute which seems to be missing in excerpts and reporter write ups.

Lou is playing great, Naphessa and Crystal are playing great and they will play great at ND because that is what these kids are.

Also, as the presser is closing, you can hear Geno saying

" I wonder if Tara has to answer these questions." :D

It ends with something below human hearing but I am guessing it may have been connected to the recruiting questions earlier?

Reaction Score
"It's over," says Geno. UConn's best days are behind it. Nah. I do remember the feeling I had last year in the Elite 8 when the Huskies completely dominated SC. Kara Lawson said that UConn was peaking at just the right time. We were, I think, feeling pretty good about playing a short-handed ND team in the Final 4. Oops. Well, we know how that turned out. But I feel today that we are better than the Irish again. We have 5 starters all of whom were among the top 10 recruits in their class--including 3 #1's. No other team can match us player to player. BUT 2 of our starters haven't played that much with their teammates. Every game they get better (CW is beyond belief). It's possible an experienced ND team on their own court with a bevy of talented players may be good enough to topple us now. As Geno points out, however, what happens in December and what happens in March aren't the same. Is it over? No way.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
That's what she said.

The temptation to reply to this post in kind is nearly overwhelming, but considering the venue, best not attempted.
Nonetheless, well done sir. Laugh of the day.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Not the presser but the highlights

I took a still of CW's serious tone after her blow by layup ( among multiple) at the 4' 49'' mark

View attachment 36854

The highlights that you posted show very well how remarkably efficient Pheesa's moves with the basketball are. Honestly I do not remember another player who is more economical and precise with the movements of every part of her body; remarkable really. I'd call it poetry in motion for its precision were it not so fast.

Reaction Score
The highlights that you posted show very well how remarkably efficient Pheesa's moves with the basketball are. Honestly I do not remember another player who is more economical and precise with the movements of every part of her body; remarkable really. I'd call it poetry in motion for its precision were it not so fast.
Her speed with the ball in the open court has been impressive. Everytime she gets the rebound and takes off we usually get a great shot. Very Gabby-like!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom