Post game article from the Courant | The Boneyard

Post game article from the Courant

Reaction Score
Geno's quote above is hardly a of money shot of any kind. Hopefully he's providing better insights in the locker room. We won't get past them in the tournament either if his idea of going as far as our bigs take us is them making lots of outside shots.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When you shoot 36%, and your opponent shoots 56%, that's not a winning formula. Notre Dame deserves some credit for Uconn's poor shooting, although Aubrey was open for her shots.
This was one of the worst defensive efforts by a UConn womens team that I have ever seen. That being said we probably had about 60 points and 20 rebounds sitting on the bench, but nonetheless our defensive effort was atrocious.

Reaction Score
As has been said many times, no team is as good as their best game and as bad as their worst game. This was their first game this season against a good team on that team's home floor. It didn't go as well as we hoped. A bit of a dose of reality for the fans, team, and possibly the coaching staff as well.

There is a lot more basketball to play.

Reaction Score
This was one of the worst defensive efforts by a UConn womens team that I have ever seen. That being said we probably had about 60 points and 20 rebounds sitting on the bench, but nonetheless our defensive effort was atrocious.
One of the worst efforts period. Nika was turning the ball over; Aubrey had reverted to the freshman who can't shoot; Caroline seemed as though she had both a bad hip and a stiff neck; Edwards was a punching bag who had to go 10 rounds; Lou was okay on offense and lost on defense. Patterson was the regular 4 point, four rebound four fouls freshman.

Reaction Score
UConn needs their bigs to consistently knock down the mid-range shots. They are not physically strong enough to go toe-to-toe with any of the top teams down on the blocks. They hit the mid-range shots then the other team will have to come out and guard them, which will intern open up some room down low. Some days we’ll hit shots and some days they won’. Just got to hope when UConn gets into the tournament the bigs are hitting the mid-range shot. Just roll the dice

Reaction Score
I have been rather disappointed in the play of Notre Dame as of late. They played a good game and deserve the win, but I am tired of seeing them. I say this not because they beat us, I can handle that, but that the last two games we played in South Bend players were called for intentional fouls, smacking our players in the head. The last two games out there two of our players were assaulted. ND plays nasty, and if they can clean up how they play and play the games of basketball I would not mind seeing the series continued. But if they continue to be overly physical, that is not basketball... I loved hearing Rebecca comment on how a UCONN player was fouled hard and there was no call. Call the game, address the physicality or someone will be hurt and when a player is hurt because the refs cannot control the game, that is when the fans lose... especially if their teams player ends up having to sit out of games.

Reaction Score
I agree to disagree. I think she is progressing, though nowhere near where she ultimately needs to be.
We both agree that she may someday be a star. But to say, "I think she is progressing" is not concrete. Can't attack or defend that position. At the moment, she has not broken out in any way. To break out, she needs to earn, say, a " double double." We both believe she will. But she hasn't yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom