Possible portal targets | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Possible portal targets

Reaction Score
It makes sense that Roberson would reach out to Jaden. I'm sure that there's a past relationship that they can build on from their scout team days in HV. Admittedly I'm not sure of what Mora is looking for to fit his schemes, but as an outsider I can tell you that Penn State has some good athletes and solid kids in the portal that were a bit buried on the depth chart there. I'm curious to see if he kicks the tires on any of them considering the needs being listed in this thread.

WR-Dottin from Mass played HS Football in CT.
CB/PR- Wilson good athlete at CB albeit he plays a bit loose at times. Gives added value on specials. Another CT Player.
RB- Lee from Florida. Big back runs with power and good pad level. Lacks top end speed. He'll be a starter somewhere in 23.
LB- Buddin from Michigan. Good athlete, a bit raw at the position but there is something to work with there.
Those would be dandy pickups......

Reaction Score
I think Fortin is ready at C.. We need him to be... He's been around for a minute... With that in mind, we need a RB & impact WR & playmaking LB
I agree on Fortin, he's going to be a 4th year Junior and has flashed at times (more 2021 than 2022). Grad transfers are great stop gaps, but it's a cycle you need to keep up YOY.

Plus Haynes & Ofori-Nyadu are gone after this year, so having senior season Fortin in 2024 with two new guards would be great.

Also keep an eye out for Yakiri Walker, he got some burn this year as an extra OL and made some nice blocks and posses a short stocky frame that is condusive to being a mauler.

Reaction Score
I agree on Fortin, he's going to be a 4th year Junior and has flashed at times (more 2021 than 2022). Grad transfers are great stop gaps, but it's a cycle you need to keep up YOY.

Plus Haynes & Ofori-Nyadu are gone after this year, so having senior season Fortin in 2024 with two new guards would be great.

Also keep an eye out for Yakiri Walker, he got some burn this year as an extra OL and made some nice blocks and posses a short stocky frame that is condusive to being a mauler.
Fortin was (iirc) our worst rated OL. He wasn't a great center either. He was responsible for a few wild snaps. He mostly played as a TE for an extra OL. He'll need to practice a lot of snaps before I'd feel ok with him there. I'd feel better with a portal true center, and an incoming recruit to redshirt a year. Let Fortin continue to be a plugin guy at multiple positions.

Reaction Score
The largest need is a big RB.

Other needs may show up in the spring. But I think we're done for now unless somebody great falls into Mora's lap.

Reaction Score
Gotta good feeling our OL may be a surprise plus for us... We've been stashing some hog maulies, b/w portal kids (Juergans, Stewart, Shor) and frosh that got redshirted (Murawski, Wayburn) this past season.. and as BizLaw mentioned, our lack of recruiting additions for the Fall as of late... worst case scenario, we do something similar to last year and wait til Spring practices are done and poach a portal kid to help solidify the position (C)....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom