Possible portal targets | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Possible portal targets

Reaction Score
The UVA QB is now in the portal with a boatload of experience... Grad Transfer...

He’s pretty good. Went to a game in Charlottesville back in October. He is smart with the ball and a decent runner, his receivers didn’t help him out with quite a few drops.

Reaction Score
He’s pretty good. Went to a game in Charlottesville back in October. He is smart with the ball and a decent runner, his receivers didn’t help him out with quite a few drops.
How on earth did the guy go from 4,500 yards passing, 250 running, 40 tds, and 10 ints to 2,200 yards passing, 370 running, 13 tds, and 12 ints? That is a serious drop in production.

Reaction Score
How on earth did the guy go from 4,500 yards passing, 250 running, 40 tds, and 10 ints to 2,200 yards passing, 370 running, 13 tds, and 12 ints? That is a serious drop in production
The receivers were not good at all from what I could see

Reaction Score
How on earth did the guy go from 4,500 yards passing, 250 running, 40 tds, and 10 ints to 2,200 yards passing, 370 running, 13 tds, and 12 ints? That is a serious drop in production.
160 less pass attempts less, missing WRs due to injury and offensive line wasn’t as good

Reaction Score
Any other All Ivy league players needing a new home? Solid football league to recruit from
I think the Ivy League is a great source of great grad transfers for us. Players can't play after they graduate even if they redshirt and the NCAA says they have an extra year of eligibility. There will be more Jake Guidones coming out of there every year.

Reaction Score
I think the Ivy League is a great source of great grad transfers for us. Players can't play after they graduate even if they redshirt and the NCAA says they have an extra year of eligibility. There will be more Jake Guidones coming out of there every year.

UConn recently offered DL Shane Cokes from Dayton Ohio attending Dartmouth College (Transfer Portal). They are interested in a few others Ivy kids on both sides of the ball.

Reaction Score

If Millen isn't cutting it, maybe we take another flyer on an NFL legacy. Not serious, but has me wondering how many second/third+ generation NFL legacys there are out there.

Reaction Score
Much like Van Dyke at Miami, this is a kid who suffered greatly from a dramatic change in the offensive system. I saw him slinging the ball all over the place prior to this season, and when I watched him this year I couldn't believe it was the same guy. Not surprised he is moving on, stunned that Van Dyke is staying for another year under their terrible coordinator.

Reaction Score

If Millen isn't cutting it, maybe we take another flyer on an NFL legacy. Not serious, but has me wondering how many second/third+ generation NFL legacys there are out there.

I like Millen, honestly... but maybe he fits better at another position? Just sayin, maybe use his athleticism elsewhere... because we're not using his arm strength, whatsoever.... We're looking for him to simply run with the football. When he comes in it's typically like a Wildcat formation... maybe he can be some sort hybrid type (a la Taysom Hill with the Saints), but don't expect a throw at all, but maybe a surprise here and there... with that said, we need another QB, from the portal... Gotta push that group to its maximum potential... In most cases, as the TEAM goes as the QB goes... Zero disrespect to Zion... He's definitely shown he can lead... Maybe he breaks out next season though... being a true frosh, it seemed like we played it safe with him a bunch... We get a lead then play in "play not to lose" mode... Offense became overly conservative (like the old days, but a few less 3 and outs)... We gotta see more at the QB position on the playing field next season, plain and simple... just sayin...

Reaction Score
I remember Mora having an extended conversation with him on the field after the BCU game.
Anything is possible. Unless he plans to go down to FCS he's out of Catholic colleges.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom