Poll: Who wins the two Semifinal Games | The Boneyard

Poll: Who wins the two Semifinal Games

Who Wins these two games? (you get two choices of course.)

• South Carolina

Votes: 67 72.0%
  • NC State

Votes: 25 26.9%
  • Iowa

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • UConn

Votes: 62 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Okay: NC State vs South Carolina and UConn vs. Iowa. Who wins?
Still curious, visitingcock. I respect your opinions, as I believe do most here on the BY. Your thoughts, especially on UConn vs. Iowa?

Reaction Score
Still curious, visitingcock. I respect your opinions, as I believe do most here on the BY. Your thoughts, especially on UConn vs. Iowa?
I’m picking South Carolina and UConn. My main reason is that their coaches have more experience at this level. Both games will be close and may be seriously contested in the last minute. Scar has successfully faced that situation in several recent games thus demonstrating ability to handle the pressure. I trust Paige more on a last seconds shot slightly more than Caitlin.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I'm picking South Carolina and UConn as well, although I think the opposite can happen. To explain:
- While NC State has a very hot James right now, any one of multiple S. Carolina guards can get hot in any one game and match her. Plus, Dawn can throw a lot of height and athletic ability at Baldwin and Collins. Former-Gamecock Janiya Rivers could be a upsetter if she sweeps on the boards, does her usual Jordan-esque drives to the hoop and shoots well from mid- and long-range. That's a lot of If's...

I'm not concerned about coaching here: Wes Moore is pretty good, too.

- UConn has been playing cohesively and well (except that Duke game, which was a slog waiting to happen). Yes, they have benefitted from favorable match-ups in my opinion but, hey, they've taken advantage. All power to them.
Same thing with Iowa: The Hawkeyes don't have an inside presence that can defer Aaliyah Edwards or that Power Forward in-name-only named Bueckers (who still is one of the great guards in this game). Edwards is key to this match-up, with support from Ice Brady.

However, UConn has been susceptible to guards that can attack and the pick and pop. While there's no Maddy Westbeld on Iowa to shoot long-range jumpers, Clark can hit a good roll or pass to others for open jumpers. I haven't seen her driving as much as in the past. For me, that's a key for Iowa....go to the hoop. Constantly.

Geno will probably only go six-deep, so he'll need to control tempo, particularly if Iowa trys to run and gun, like they did against LSU.

Should be fun (since I have no rooting interest).

Reaction Score
I picked South Carolina and UConn. I believe the South Carolina defense will make the NC State shooters work for their shots. Down low, South Carolina is tougher than most teams.

I picked UConn against Iowa. Fair and Watkins have given UConn some practice against hot shooters. I am hopeful UConn defense will prevail against Iowa offense. CC will get her points. If the others can be kept in check, UConn will make it to the finals.

Reaction Score
I’m picking South Carolina and UConn. My main reason is that their coaches have more experience at this level. Both games will be close and may be seriously contested in the last minute. Scar has successfully faced that situation in several recent games thus demonstrating ability to handle the pressure. I trust Paige more on a last seconds shot slightly more than Caitlin.
Thank you... well thought out, per usual.

Reaction Score
I picked South Carolina and UConn. I believe the South Carolina defense will make the NC State shooters work for their shots. Down low, South Carolina is tougher than most teams.

I picked UConn against Iowa. Fair and Watkins have given UConn some practice against hot shooters. I am hopeful UConn defense will prevail against Iowa offense. CC will get her points. If the others can be kept in check, UConn will make it to the finals.
Ha! If Caitlin shoots like Fair (6 of 22) and Watkins (9 of 25) against UConn, the Huskies should cruise to victory... throw in Duke's Reigan Richardson (5 of 15).

That's 20 of 62 for the Huskies' most recent three rival top scorers, if you're counting... mighty impressive D!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm expecting a battle between South Carolina and NC State (toughest set of guards we've faced all season) and hoping for a SCar win.

I'd prefer that they face Iowa, but I do not believe that'll be the case (because what Geno, Paige, Aaliyah, and co. are doing is ridiculously impressive). Thus, I'm expecting a rematch of 2022 with UConn.

Reaction Score
I picked UConn and NC St for a few reasons.
  1. I’m a UConn homer
  2. SC has been flirting with disaster the last couple games
  3. A repeat of the elite eight game from two years ago would be kismet.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
The two I picked have received the fewest votes!

Reaction Score
Of course I am picking UConn. For my other pick, I went with South Carolina.

Reaction Score
I picked South Carolina and Iowa because I would love a rematch with the highest stakes of a national championship on the line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom