Poll: Who will the team MVP be this year? | The Boneyard

Poll: Who will the team MVP be this year?

Who will be the team MVP this season?

• Kia Nurse

• Katie Lou Samuelson

• Napheesa Collier

• Gabby Williams

• Azura Stevens

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I realize it may be impossible to determine based on any kind of MVP voting (unless we are able to count the score in AA voting or something), but who do you think will be the team MVP this season?

Not necessarily who will score the most, but who will be the most indispensable and lead the team to the highest possible level?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I voted for Gabby, but all of your choices including "Other" are plausible. It is conceivable that Crystal could win the PG slot and become the MVP in that role.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I voted for Gabby, but all of your choices including "Other" are plausible. It is conceivable that Crystal could win the PG slot and become the MVP in that role.
I should have listed Crystal and then put one more category for "other"...

Reaction Score
I agree with the above sentiments: everyone or no one.

But I voted for Lou. I think Lou is maybe the 4th or 5th best player on the team, but what she can do well, she does very, very well. This year, there's far less pressure on her to do more than she can do well or play more minutes than she can effectively.

If Lou, within the limitations of her skills, gets to play her game, she will dazzle.

Reaction Score
LMAO I love it when someone keeps showing their true colors.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There is no MVP in TEAM.....Wait a minute. There’s an “M” :oops:

OK, if you’re going to twist my arm, I select Gabby, who I also believe will repeat as the NDPOY and will give A’ja Wilson a run for her money as the NPOY.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I picked Gabby simply because she seems to me to be the ultimate "glue" player. I think the character of the team changes when she is not on the floor. My second choice would be Kia for much the same reasons. Their value is not necessarily their scoring but rather their never say die I am not going to let you beat me attitude.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It's a good problem to have, but I find this ongoing endless debate among UConn fans about which player is the best or the most valuable to be a bit amusing.

If forced to pick I'd probably go with Collier. Gabby is the ultimate complimentary player, but she is a complimentary player in my mind.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Air Gabby

GabbyWilliamsGray.0.jpeg

Reaction Score
Gotta go with Gabulous...while she doesn't have any thing to prove to we fans, I suspect that she feels like she does. She had to play with a great deal of restraint last year but our newfound height and depth will free her to put on a great athletic show. First team AA and MVP!!!

Reaction Score
The team will be the MVP. UConn has always won as a team and lost as a team. They don't concern themselves with it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Looks like an overwhelming majority think it will be Gabby followed by Napheesa. It's interesting that most UCONN fans think Gabby will be the MVP with total votes more than Lou and Napheesa combined. I don't disagree - Gabby is poised for a tremendous season. Can't wait to see the team in action!!!

Reaction Score
I don't know how one could choose between Lou, Pheesa and Gabulous for MVP at this point. So I didn't... and I voted for Kia! :D

Reaction Score
I voted Azura---but your possibilities has possibilities! Gabby will be the Fan's MVP however as the seasons progresses--the need for a big mobile scoring machine that can clone Kiah would be hard to over come
KLS--if she lives up to her potential--the sky is the limit.
Isn't just terrible to have 5 or 7 potential MVPs on the same team????

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Is she a relative of Nurse Colliamson, who was often observed with the team last year? I believe that she was the one who provided the helpful wastebasket during the Maryland game.
Nurse Colliamson - LOVE IT!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom