Plum's WNBA debut...not so good | The Boneyard

Plum's WNBA debut...not so good

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Only saw a ticker on ESPN, didn't see the game, but 4 points and 5 TO's doesn't sound good. Hopefully she's just a little bit rusty and will shake that off quickly.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well apparently I couldn't award the rookie of the year award to Wiese after 2 games, so might have to wait a couple more games before making a declaration about Plum.

(don't worry, I got your sarcasm and am replying sarcastically, I just don't know where the emoticon thingies are at)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well apparently I couldn't award the rookie of the year award to Wiese after 2 games, so might have to wait a couple more games before making a declaration about Plum.

(don't worry, I got your sarcasm and am replying sarcastically, I just don't know where the emoticon thingies are at)
When you post (unless you are doing it from a phone or tablet maybe), they are right across the top. With the Bold, italics, underline, etc. The smiley face.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She's coming off an injury and only played her first real WNBA game. Let's get real here...
Uhm... definitely the worst first game for a former Husky player in the WNBA since? Maybe ever:eek:

Reaction Score
Nerves and maybe not yet getting the right sense of professional pace (though I doubt that, since she largely played the pro-style in college). I think she's going to be an awesome pro. People will pay just to see her. Great talent, even greater charisma.

Reaction Score
Years of playing cupcakes in wcbb doesn't help when your going up against the better players in the wnba. The best way to judge how good a wcbb player is, is the way they perform against uconn because thats what you'll face in the wnba. I always thought she was overrated just because she scored all those points against no bodies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Years of playing cupcakes in wcbb doesn't help when your going up against the better players in the wnba. The best way to judge how good a wcbb player is, is the way they perform against UConn because thats what you'll face in the wnba. I always thought she was overrated just because she scored all those points against no bodies.
OMG! How bizarre-pun intended! One game in. Kelsey Plum never got to play UCONN in her NCAA career so she must be overrated? No bodies? Really? So the Pac 12 must be weaker conference than the AAC? How Kelsey do when she played USA basketball U19 & U18? Were there any other UCONN players on those USA basketball squads?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
She still did better Rachel Banham. What a waste of a pick.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
OMG! How bizarre-pun intended! One game in. Kelsey Plum never got to play UConn in her NCAA career so she must be overrated? No bodies? Really? So the Pac 12 must be weaker conference than the AAC? How Kelsey do when she played USA basketball U19 & U18? Were there any other UConn players on those USA basketball squads?

Sometimes a post is so far off base that it's not worth responding. I almost replied to that post but then I decided that this was one of those situations.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Years of playing cupcakes in wcbb doesn't help when your going up against the better players in the wnba. The best way to judge how good a wcbb player is, is the way they perform against UConn because thats what you'll face in the wnba. I always thought she was overrated just because she scored all those points against no bodies.
I know. Look how strong Uconn's league is!

Reaction Score
So lets give every wnba Coach a choice between plum and any ex uconn player to pick for their team. Do you actually think they are taking plum? Not if they want to win championships will they take her.

If you don't like my posts don't read them, i could care less what you think. Who are you?

Reaction Score
Nerves and maybe not yet getting the right sense of professional pace (though I doubt that, since she largely played the pro-style in college). I think she's going to be an awesome pro. People will pay just to see her. Great talent, even greater charisma.

People will pay just to watch her throw a t-shirt, but that sort of thing doesn't last forever. If she can't sustain the hype, the hype will fizzle.

Look at Rachel Banham. Connecticut was hoping she'd be the starting PG in short order. To be fair, she's been held back by injury, but in the meantime, Jasmine Thomas has turned into one of league's better PG's who is now in her prime. It might be tough for Banham to gain relevance in the league, even though she was highly touted her senior year in much the same way as Plum.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Spelling: C-
Trolling: A+

Reaction Score
She looked unsure of herself and hesitant, which was surprising to me since I've read nothing but articles showing her off as extremely self confident. Only the first game though, plenty more to come for her.

Reaction Score
OMG! How bizarre-pun intended! One game in. Kelsey Plum never got to play UConn in her NCAA career so she must be overrated? No bodies? Really? So the Pac 12 must be weaker conference than the AAC? How Kelsey do when she played USA basketball U19 & U18? Were there any other UConn players on those USA basketball squads?
Actually when she played USA basketball, she was not good, when she was on teams with Stewie, and Moriah.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yeah, I know you aren't supposed to feed trolls. Plum played against a bunch of nobodies, like Stanford who makes the Final 4 as often as anybody other than UConn, and Oregon St. who made the F4 2 seasons ago, and UCLA who gave UConn a fairly stiff challenge this year, and Oregon who just made the Elite 8, and a non-conference game this year against some little school called Notre Dame--are they supposed to be any good? Also played Arizona St. who gave National Champion South Carolina their toughest game during the Tourney. Yep, bunch of nobodies in the Pac 12, no talent at all.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
When you post (unless you are doing it from a phone or tablet maybe), they are right across the top. With the Bold, italics, underline, etc. The smiley face.

Thanks. I've OD'd on the song threads, hopefully I can use some moderation with the emoticons.

Reaction Score
I watched the highlights from Plum's first game before I watched the game. When watching the actual game, it became apparent that she didn't do nearly as well as the highlights made it look. But you see flashes of greatness. Barring injury, which always must be a caveat, she is going to do real well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom