Players Never Forget The Games They Played In | The Boneyard

Players Never Forget The Games They Played In

Reaction Score
So I'm in Chicago this morning and was at the gym and there was an obvious athlete working out. He looked familiar but I didn't know until I asked that it was Courtney Robey. Does that name ring a bell? He said he used to play wide receiver for the University of Indiana (#19) and then it clicked. I mentioned that I saw him play against UConn in the opening game of our new stadium in 2003 and I remembered watching him catch some passes. I also remembered he was one of their touted players in the pregame write-ups.
I asked if he remembered the game. He thought a moment and said 'Oh yes, you had a good young QB and I recall seeing your #44 go wild".

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...YZrWy3yNK0a1CjaCWosJIQ&bvm=bv.147448319,d.amc

I think it's pretty amazing that he recalled Terry Caulley's number after so many years. Maybe that's more common than I would have thought. Robey is a great guy. He's now Nike's Market Branding head for the middle of the country --22 states. He's based in Dallas and mentioned he knew another of our UConn alum--Byron Jones.

When he asked how the Huskies might do this year I found myself speaking even more optimistically than I expected--lol.. Now I'm really getting psyched for the spring game!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom