OT: - Play GM, fix my Celtics this season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Play GM, fix my Celtics this season

Reaction Score
Should definitely take a flyer on Shabazz, or cook who just got released. Maybe Cousins for depth

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
That's it right there. Very little ball movement and passing/assists. The big 3 seem like black holes when it comes to sharing. They will get their shots off.
God I hate the NBA now.

Brad Stevens offense is based on ball movement, and they are not doing that.

Reaction Score
Give up all draft-night decisions outside the top 10 picks to someone other than Ainge. Problem solved. I've been pretty frustrated by how the front office has drafted outside of Tatum, Brown, Smart--all top 10 picks. The Celtics have a terrible bench because we have no home grown talent. Smart hurt and Kemba being a liability this season is a problem too, but I'm not sure either of those could've been predicted.

Hit:
- Payton Pritchard

Not sure yet:
  • Robert Williams (leaning towards hit)
  • Aaron Nesmith (leaning towards miss)
Miss:
  • Grant Williams
  • Semi Ojeleye
  • Romeo Langford
  • Tremont Waters
  • Carsen Edwards

I realize that the draft after the top 5 is a crapshoot in some ways, but there are 5 first round draft picks on this list. We've got Robert Williams who seems to have potential but is also almost 24 and just beginning to be a serviceable player, and Peyton Pritchard (who I actually really like as a bench piece for a long career) to show for it.
Semi was a second rounder - look at the 2017 2nd round 2017 NBA Draft | Basketball-Reference.com and tell me he's a miss. Absolutely not.

Reaction Score
Tatum has become Carmelo Anthony, supreme ball stopper. Might be time for Brad to go. Seriously, what has he done other than coach under achieving teams?

Reaction Score
Tatum has become Carmelo Anthony, supreme ball stopper. Might be time for Brad to go. Seriously, what has he done other than coach under achieving teams?
tatum averaging a career-high 4.5 assists (2.5 turnovers) in his 4th season. melo only ever got above 4 in one season (his second-to-last with the knicks) and has a career 1:1 ratio.

stevens has made the eastern conference finals in 3 of the last 4 years, including two appearances that were very clearly with OVER-achieving teams. i agree that this season is disaster, but to say he has done nothing is a bit of an overstatement.

Reaction Score
Celtics wanna take the next they should hire Jim Calhoun.

Reaction Score
Semi was a second rounder - look at the 2017 2nd round 2017 NBA Draft | Basketball-Reference.com and tell me he's a miss. Absolutely not.

I know Semi was a second rounder. Without looking I think he and Edwards were in the 30-40 range.

And yes he's a miss. He doesn't score enough to be a legit bench piece. Not surprising as a second rounder... but when youve had 55 million picks in the last 3 years you'd think ONE guy outside a top 10 pick could put up 10 points a game. It's not about.any inodividual bad pick. It's about a trend of bad picks.

Reaction Score
Don't trade Enes Kanter for one thing. We all know he mails it in a lot but he is still an 11/11 guy this season in 26 minutes a game of semi-caring, and he shows up for the playoffs.

Theis is not close to good enough to start for a playoff team and the rest of the front court is mix-and-match role players.

Ainge should have also traded Tatum when his value was at its peak. Tatum is a good player that thinks he is one of the best in the NBA. He isn't.
Hahaha

Reaction Score
I know Semi was a second rounder. Without looking I think he and Edwards were in the 30-40 range.

And yes he's a miss. He doesn't score enough to be a legit bench piece. Not surprising as a second rounder... but when youve had 55 million picks in the last 3 years you'd think ONE guy outside a top 10 pick could put up 10 points a game. It's not about.any inodividual bad pick. It's about a trend of bad picks.
There is one guy. But he's still a rookie and hasn't had enough service time to prove he can provide 10 ppg. Maybe in a year or two he'll be that guy.

the Q

Reaction Score

The Miami series was the first series Stevens lost as a favorite

And if jaylen brown doesn’t play awful defense on that Inbound and Hayward doesn’t get hurt, Boston is in the finals last year

Miami was a fluke that got hot at the right time in a weird situation.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Semi can shoot and is the second best defender on the team. He doesn’t score because they don’t give him the ball. He’s shooting 38% from 3.

Reaction Score
The Miami series was the first series Stevens lost as a favorite

And if jaylen brown doesn’t play awful defense on that Inbound and Hayward doesn’t get hurt, Boston is in the finals last year

Miami was a fluke that got hot at the right time in a weird situation.
You could say that about half of UConn's national championships. UConn was better than everyone they played and the Heat were better than the Celtics.

the Q

Reaction Score
You could say that about half of UConn's national championships. UConn was better than everyone they played and the Heat were better than the Celtics.

Without hayward.

Ignoring his injury is just beyond dishonest.

Injuries happen. Sure. But that doesn’t mean Stevens is the problem considering how close that series was.

Reaction Score
Without hayward.

Ignoring his injury is just beyond dishonest.

Injuries happen. Sure. But that doesn’t mean Stevens is the problem considering how close that series was.
They had Hayward for games 3-6. I guess we'll have to call the Lakers winning in the finals a fluke because 3 of the Heat top 4 players were hurt.

the Q

Reaction Score
They had Hayward for games 3-6. I guess we'll have to call the Lakers winning in the finals a fluke because 3 of the Heat top 4 players were hurt.

And with a healthy hayward it likely would’ve been a 3-0 Celtics lead.

I think the entire bubble was a fluke. You see many of the bubble stars not able to do anything close to it for a reason.

Reaction Score
And with a healthy hayward it likely would’ve been a 3-0 Celtics lead.

I think the entire bubble was a fluke. You see many of the bubble stars not able to do anything close to it for a reason.
This is a serious homer take.

They played 4 games with Hayward and they split those games but the Celtics would've been up 3-0 had they had Hayward the first 2 games. Lol.

the Q

Reaction Score
This is a serious homer take.

They played 4 games with Hayward and they split those games but the Celtics would've been up 3-0 had they had Hayward the first 2 games. Lol.

Uhhh they lost 2 very close game and won game 3. Not that that hard to figure out, you’re intentionally being obtuse.

and Hayward still wasn’t 100% when he came back.

Again things happen. But the horrible bench built by Danny was a bigger factor than anything about Stevens

Reaction Score
Uhhh they lost 2 very close game and won game 3. Not that that hard to figure out, you’re intentionally being obtuse.

and Hayward still wasn’t 100% when he came back.

Again things happen. But the horrible bench built by Danny was a bigger factor than anything about Stevens
This is some of the most amazing homerism I've seen, they would've dominated the series and been up 3-0 if Hayward was there for the first 2 games. You should give the Celtics the clean sweep if they had Hayward for the first 4 games instead of just the second 2.

I haven't said anything about Stevens coaching in that series or any of his coaching while in Boston but it was no fluke Miami won that series, they were the better team.

the Q

Reaction Score
This is some of the most amazing homerism I've seen, they would've dominated the series and been up 3-0 if Hayward was there for the first 2 games. You should give the Celtics the clean sweep if they had Hayward for the first 4 games instead of just the second 2.

I haven't said anything about Stevens coaching in that series or any of his coaching while in Boston but it was no fluke Miami won that series, they were the better team.

They lost one game in ot and one in the last two minutes without their best 3pt shooter and secondary ball handler.

Ans yes, the roster had no defensive answer for bam. None. He’s basically the reason they signed Thompson this offseason.

Reaction Score
I think Brad has to be more strict with what he lets slide. As great as Tatum is, he probably has the worst shot selection in the nba. He settles of off balance side step jump shots all the time when he can get to the hoop much easier. That’s really just laziness. Smart and his return is vital to the team but he takes horrible shots too. Instituting a couple of rules like “no bad shots” or “move the ball” would be a great start. Unfortunately the Celtics have a lot of draft picks on their bench that aren’t very desirable for other teams.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ainge doesn't have a plan but he's been lucky. Now, not so much luck and they stink.

the Q

Reaction Score
Ainge doesn't have a plan but he's been lucky. Now, not so much luck and they stink.

His good luck is almost entirely that the nets collapsed in fantastic fashion.

But the Memphis and Sacto picks suffered a fluke spike in wins and Memphis bs getting morant with no business doing so but the NBA has a terrible system...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom