OT: - Pitt's Bad Week | The Boneyard

OT: Pitt's Bad Week

Reaction Score
First senior guard Nike Sibande is out for the season with a right ACL tear, and then now this:

Here's their lineup after both Sibande and Horton out:

1636211046371.png

With Sibande out and assuming Horton will not play for a long time, they are now entering the season zero scholarship players under 6'5.

Reaction Score
More like a bad decade for Pitt basketball. Forcing out Dixon and joining the ACC essentially killed their basketball program. I also remember their fans bragging that they made out better by getting Capel after Hurley turned them down...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm literally struggling to figure out how I'd work in rotations w/ that roster.

Who's the third guard behind Burton and Odukale? William Jeffries? If so, Jeffress shot 22.8% from the field.

I honestly can see walk-on Onyebuchi Ezeakudo getting some decent minutes, as even last year he had two ACC games w/ 10+ minutes played.

Total dumpster fire. Really curious what the spread is for their opening game v Citadel, a team known for their fast-paced, transitional offense.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Jeff Capel is poison where ever he goes

Reaction Score
Seems they will need walk-ons as practice players or as bodies to play in case of further injuries or foul trouble.

Surprised only one freshman on the roster. Is it that distasteful a program to high school seniors?

Reaction Score
Wait. Is assaulting a policeman who is there ticketing your car, or working with a towing company to take it away, not allowed in Pennsylvania?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Wait. Is assaulting a policeman who is there ticketing your car, or working with a towing company to take it away, not allowed in Pennsylvania?
I remember getting off a booze cruise in Boston with a couple friends seeing a little dude towing a car (from a lot they said everyone was going to get towed from). I thought out loud that if that was our car, what's to stop us from just getting in the car and going? Just then this monster with a tire iron steps from behind the tow truck. Question answered!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Remember when Pitt fans convinced themselves first that Dan Hurley was going to go there since it was a clearly better job and then that Capel was really their top choice all along?
Yeah, thanks for jacking up the price, Pitt!

Reaction Score
Can’t say I blame him. He was the only 2022 commit for them according to 247. Looks like he was originally offered by Depaul and Georgetown also according to 247.
Good call. According to VC, Georgetown, Marquette, DePaul and Seton Hall were all offers for Mintz.

Man, between Pitt, BC and Wake, the bottom of the ACC is a dumpster fire, yet I am excited to see what Steve Forbes does at Wake.

Pitt has had just two top-100 HS recruits since the 2014 off-season: John Hugley and Trey McGowens (who transferred to Nebraska).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For five days I've been scrolling past this thread wondering how in the world could Brad Pitt possibly ever have a bad week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom