Piath looks like a different person | The Boneyard

Piath looks like a different person

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Absent a lot of actual basketball being played on 1st night, one of the things that many of us look for is any perceived improvements in strength and fitness levels over last season. When Piath was introduced I actually did a double take.

Piath appears to have transformed herself in the off-season. She looks lean, muscular and fit. The last time I remember a UConn player undergoing that type of transformation was Steph’s P90X training regimen prior to her JR year.

There’s great anticipation heading into the upcoming UConn WBB season. Piath just gave us one more thing to be excited about.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Piath's surgery might have been thyroid or some other endocrine gland that impacted her metabolic function in a positive way. I think there is no question of a link between her surgery and the off season sculpting of her body. I'd love to see her thrive now as a Husky.

Reaction Score
With the reshaped body and hopefully better conditioning, I'm really hoping that good things lye ahead for her.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Most UCONN fans are rooting SO hard for her. I think it will be tough for her to carve out any meaningful minutes playing behind ONO, Dorka, and Liya, but she will be learning from the best and playing against top level competition. Hopefully if not this year, she contributes in a very meaningful way next year...

Reaction Score
I think this board gets too focused on being a starter, playing the most minutes, and scoring the most points.. being the star... Piath is on a different path than the phenoms. She started bball later than most and plays at the most storied program. If she sees herself getting better, playing a role in the team winning by being a good teammate, and maybe it takes her till her senior year to be in the thick of it during a competitive game, who cares. I bet she feels just fine with her situation.

Reaction Score
Piath has some significant bb dna in her bloodstream. Her brother plays in the Association if I recall. Did her parents play professionally as well?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Piath has some significant bb dna in her bloodstream. Her brother plays in the Association if I recall. Did her parents play professionally as well?
Her parents emigrated with Piath and the rest of her family from war torn Sudan.

Reaction Score
From the UConn site, it appears a lot of basketball in the Gabriel driveway:

"Personal: Daughter of Rebecca Gak and Makuar Gob ... has six siblings ... older brother Wenyan played basketball at Kentucky and is currently signed to the New Orleans Pelicans ... older sister Karima played at DePaul, Boston College and Cal State Fullerton ... older brother Gob plays at Monmouth."

Reaction Score
From the UConn site, it appears a lot of basketball in the Gabriel driveway:

"Personal: Daughter of Rebecca Gak and Makuar Gob ... has six siblings ... older brother Wenyan played basketball at Kentucky and is currently signed to the New Orleans Pelicans ... older sister Karima played at DePaul, Boston College and Cal State Fullerton ... older brother Gob plays at Monmouth."
So, to put it in a nutshell, it sounds like she has it in her DNA. All the best to her. She seems like a wonderful person, and for what it's worth, Paige seems to have gone out of her way to make her feel a part of the team.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I hope she has not lost too much weight. She looks a lot thinner than last season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom