OT: - Peyton/Eli Monday Night Football Coverage on ESPN | The Boneyard

OT: Peyton/Eli Monday Night Football Coverage on ESPN

Reaction Score
They do it from their respective homes I guess, they are on camera the whole time. Not on the main ESPN but maybe 2. Giants game last night and it was very funny, first time I watched it with them. Probably already threaded here but I enjoyed it way more than the regular broadcast. A funny bit happened when John Stewart begged the Mannings to produce another one to QB the Giants and Peyton said something about he didn’t know about Archie’s stud fee for that. They talk over the plays and strategy and I personally liked it better than the regular broadcasters. also showed Peyton wolfing chicken at halftime with Eli ragging him.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
It’s a cool concept, but if it’s a good game/one involving my team, I’d prefer to just watch the normal feed.

Marshawn on with them was pure gold last week if for no other reason than watching Peyton’s noticeable discomfort as he knew that something crazy was going to happen. Brady, much as I despise him, was so good in that setting as I could listen to him and Peyton just riff on football for hours. Not that he needs the money, but if he chooses to do TV when he’s done, he’s going to dwarf Romo’s deal.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I thought it was funny and a little awkward last night when Peyton kept trying to speak while Strahan was on, but Eli and Strahan were locked in teammate conversations and Peyton was visibly frustrated because he couldn’t get a word in edgewise.

Reaction Score
I feel like this is next level play by play. For all the "polish" and "professionalism" a Mike Tirico type brings, isn't it worth awkward dead spots to get REAL insight and personal, human banter?

Reaction Score
I thought it was funny and a little awkward last night when Peyton kept trying to speak while Strahan was on, but Eli and Strahan were locked in teammate conversations and Peyton was visibly frustrated because he couldn’t get a word in edgewise.
Peyton is typically frustrated when the spotlight and attention isn’t 100% on him. Somehow, he’s been able to fool people into thinking he’s a good guy and not one of the biggest narcissists out there.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Take this nonsense to the football board.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeah I wouldn't watch this broadcast if my team were playing, but any other time it's gold.

Reaction Score
There's just so much insight....how to read defenses, what the goals are for a certain play within the huddle, all of it is excellent.
I agree with @Deepster ...this is the future of sports broadcasting. Look at the successes so far...Orlovsky, Romo, Brees, Eli, Peyton. Similar to how the NCAA tries with former coaches. Much rather take advice and insight from someone who's walked the walk...

Reaction Score
Peyton is typically frustrated when the spotlight and attention isn’t 100% on him. Somehow, he’s been able to fool people into thinking he’s a good guy and not one of the biggest narcissists out there.

He is a good guy not sure why anyone would see anything else. He’s a genuinely great guy for sure.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I enjoy the show. My only complaint is there is a voice delay with the guests and occasionally they are speaking over each or purposely quiet waiting for someone else to speak. A small quibble but hopefully they can remedy the situation. I agree with the folks who said they wouldn't watch P&E if their team were playing. P&E are off next week when my Bears are playing but even if they were on I would watch the regular telecast.

Reaction Score
Peyton's garage/ sports bar looks damn nice. Vintage cars up on platforms and all. I'd never come in the house!

Reaction Score
"My dad's stud fee has really gone up in the past 20 years."
I believe there is a Manning kid whose a hot QB prospect from New Orleans. A grandson of Archie’s but
I believe he is the son of another less famous brother .Sometimes it skips a generation.

Reaction Score
I believe there is a Manning kid whose a hot QB prospect from New Orleans. A grandson of Archie’s but
I believe he is the son of another less famous brother .Sometimes it skips a generation.
Cooper the father I think. Might be in high school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom