OT: - Peloton reviews? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Peloton reviews?

Reaction Score
Just did the research and it appears that the consensus of the rowers and fitness equipment folks that it is stupid to get anything else really. So I am on the wait list and signed up at Rouge as well. I like that they are in Vermont.

Yep. I started rowing on the water two years ago, and there are maybe 20 concept 2 model D's at the boathouse that we use mostly for winter training. There are even indoor erg races with the CRASH B's in Boston being the grandaddy. The company also makes great oars which are widely used throughout the rowing world. They provide great support, and have a website that provides instructional videos and a message board which is also a great resource. Concept2 Forum - Index page About a week after putting yourself on the wait list, they will email you with the anticipated date your machine will be avialable to order. They issue updates weekly, and in my case they were within a day of the original 8 weeks they predicted.

When you start out spend some time looking at the videos to try and get your form and the sequence of the stroke down (start of stroke is all leg drive, no body swing or arms). Most beginners grab the handle too tight (you want to keep your hands loose, and just hook your fingers over it kind of like picking up a suitcase), and tighten their sholders as they begin to tire. (during our winter sessions the coach is usually telling someone to get their sholders out of their ears). Research drag factor a little so you know where to set the damper. Your ideal setting will depend your weight, strength, personal preference, but most people won't exceed 130 and in general I believe the higher the drag factor the more likely you are to injure yourself. Recommend starting way low and working up to see what finally feels right after you get in shape.

Also, start very slowly - less is definately more for the first week or two. Even if your goal is just to get some light exercise you will probably find it more interesting to vary your workouts with different workouts serving to increase your fitness in specific ways (strength, aerobic fitness, anaerobic fitness). This site provides and example of such a plan for beginners. Beginner Training

Enjoy!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline
Top Bottom