Peanut Butter Whiskey | The Boneyard

Peanut Butter Whiskey

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Stuff is loaded with sugar. Just like Fireball. Assume you mean Screwball.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
With Baileys.
If you like Bailey's, look for Five Farms Irish Cream:

11785441280030.png

I bought a couple bottles to give as gifts last Christmas after sampling it at my local package store; then I received a bottle as a gift and nailed it in two nights (like 80% of it in one sitting).

I am seeing it everywhere now and I am resisting buying it because I know I will pound the thing again. Dangerously good.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

11785441280030.png

I bought a couple bottles to give as gifts last Christmas after sampling it at my local package store; then I received a bottle as a gift and nailed it in two nights (like 80% of it in one sitting).

I am seeing it everywhere now and I am resisting buying it because I know I will pound the thing again. Dangerously good.

That does look like a better, less mass produced version.

My wife got this yesterday.
E25B61AE-E4E9-46C8-BA89-AD9D00888A69.jpeg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Skrewball is a fantastic fun drink to shoot down.

It's like Southern Comfort for adults. You drank SoCo while in HS and college and as soon as you turned 21, you never touched it again.

Nearing one year anniversary of first tasting Skrewball. Drank it for first time on NYE last year.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My oldest daughter is home for the semester break and she has been making espresso martinis with an old bottle of Kahlua she found in our liquor cabinet. We started talking about White Russians, Black Russians and Mudslides, and I mentioned how I thought Tia Maria was considered the higher end coffee liquor. Then I started thinking about making a Mudslide with that, the Five Farms Irish Cream and Tito's.

The package store I hit yesterday was out of Tia Maria but they had Mr. Black, which I had never seen before. It was a few bucks more than the Kahlua or Tia Maria, and the guy said he thought it was better. It is made with vodka instead of rum, and it is 25% instead of 20%. I bought it and made cocktails consisting of equal parts (one dram) Mr. Black, Five Farms and Tito's, and half and half.

They were excellent. And I am feeling it today...

Mr-Black-Cold-Brew-750ml-Flat-Lay-v2.png

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
My oldest daughter is home for the semester break and she has been making espresso martinis with an old bottle of Kahlua she found in our liquor cabinet. We started talking about White Russians, Black Russians and Mudslides, and I mentioned how I thought Tia Maria was considered the higher end coffee liquor. Then I started thinking about making a Mudslide with that, the Five Farms Irish Cream and Tito's.

The package store I hit yesterday was out of Tia Maria but they had Mr. Black, which I had never seen before. It was a few bucks more than the Kahlua or Tia Maria, and the guy said he thought it was better. It is made with vodka instead of rum, and it is 25% instead of 20%. I bought it and made cocktails consisting of equal parts (one dram) Mr. Black, Five Farms and Tito's, and half and half.

I'll have to check out Mr. Black

This stuff is worth a try if you haven't had it:

Unknown.jpg

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Skrewball is a fantastic fun drink to shoot down.

It's like Southern Comfort for adults. You drank SoCo while in HS and college and as soon as you turned 21, you never touched it again.

Nearing one year anniversary of first tasting Skrewball. Drank it for first time on NYE last year.

I'm sure it tastes good. Fireball tastes pretty good. But the sugar...I moved into whiskey mostly to escape the sugar and carbs of beer. That said, I checked and it's 7g carbs per ounce. That's better than Fireball, if not the zero I prefer. ;)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Come summer, you should try making Mudslide and White Russian popsicles. Back in 2019 when we could still have neighborhood get-togethers, I made 3 different alcoholic pops, and they were big hits with the housewives.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

11785441280030.png

Stop derailing threads.

Reaction Score

Try making your own Irish cream. You'll never go back. Recipe is simple, but not low fat or low carb by any means.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Try making your own Irish cream. You'll never go back. Recipe is simple, but not low fat or low carb by any means.
Does need refrigeration and you need to blow through it pretty quickly, but yeah, homemade tastes richer and you can adjust sweetness and alcohol level to your liking. I used to make it a lot back when Bailey's was still a relatively new thing.

Reaction Score
Another nice drink I found during these holidays (After Deep told me of the Skrew PB/Chambord) was:

Throw some black brewed coffee in your ice trays (had to get some trays my ref makes ice lol), then Baileys with Vanilla Vodka really any ratio tastes pretty damn good, throw the coffee cubes in excellent taste.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So @8893 my wife wanted to try the Five Farms I got her. So I tried it side by side with Coole Swan. Can't say one is better than the other. The Five Farms has a mocha-coffee profile, and the Coole Swan is more white chocolate-vanilla. Both are better than Bailey's.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So @8893 my wife wanted to try the Five Farms I got her. So I tried it side by side with Coole Swan. Can't say one is better than the other. The Five Farms has a mocha-coffee profile, and the Coole Swan is more white chocolate-vanilla. Both are better than Bailey's.
Good to know. I looked for the Coole Swan at the large liquor store I go to because I was curious what the difference was, but they didn't have it. I don't care for white chocolate so it sounds like that wouldn't be a hit with me.

I did find the Five Farms a useful way to use up the rest of my Redbreast 12; I added a shot of it to a shot of Five Farms.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

11785441280030.png

When you first mentioned this, I went looking for it at our state monopoly. Didn't have it. But now we do. And my wife is becoming a day drinker thanks to this stuff.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
When you first mentioned this, I went looking for it at our state monopoly. Didn't have it. But now we do. And my wife is becoming a day drinker thanks to this stuff.

Try the Coole Swan as well then. Mine slightly prefers it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The bottle I bought back in December didn't last 24 hours. I'm not buying it again until I need it, because I will find a reason to drink it if I have it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Try the Coole Swan as well then. Mine slightly prefers it.
1613926165931.png

If Coole Swan is indeed "white chocolate" as 8893 says, that's a no-go. Not a fan of that cloying stuff.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom