Peaches | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Peaches

Reaction Score
It's the off season, first day back from vacation and four hours away from first pitch for Mets vs. Braves. I've already gotten my workout in this morning and made it through my to do list, so my mind is wandering and thinking about the great squash blossoms and fruit I've had the past few days.
I know just the remedy for some boredom...Come back to the leachfield, it's an incredibly welcoming, fun place!

Curiouser
Reaction Score

True story: when we were around eight years old, my best friend's mother forbade him from listening to Steve Miller's "The Joker" because she thought the "I really love your peaches, wanna shake your tree" line was too risque.

Reaction Score
burrata/peach/prosciutto/spring greens with balsamic dressing is a great summer salad.. Peaches can be lightly grilled if interested. Plenty of roses/pinot noirs/tempranillos for a great match before main course.

Reaction Score
I always think of Goldblum when I hear the word peaches or see peaches...

Watch "I like the peach pie." on YouTube

Curiouser
Reaction Score
burrata/peach/prosciutto/spring greens with balsamic dressing is a great summer salad.. Peaches can be lightly grilled if interested. Plenty of roses/pinot noirs/tempranillos for a great match before main course.
Post/handle

Reaction Score
So, how do you grill a peach? I have a basic gas grill. Do the peach halves get olive oil and then go directly on the grill? Does grilling on aluminum foil work? How long do you grill them? Once done, do you add anything to grilled peaches when eating to really make it great?

Reaction Score
1657574843487.png

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
So, how do you grill a peach? I have a basic gas grill. Do the peach halves get olive oil and then go directly on the grill? Does grilling on aluminum foil work? How long do you grill them? Once done, do you add anything to grilled peaches when eating to really make it great?
Butter instead of olive oil.

Make enough of them to test out & determine what else you might like to add.

Reaction Score
Two ways to grill peaches from our experience...Grill pan inside and keep residual juices. Or.. A grill where you're just trying to get grill marks/a little char.. Do not over-cook .Once plated.. Add the dark balsamic and the olive oil.

Farm fresh juicy tomatoes vs prosciutto is a strong recommendation for the salad combination but its all about personal taste.. Can always put prosciutto on the side .. Enjoy your favorite olive oil once you have the salad assembled and the balsamic is on your salad.

BTW..Just picked up Georgia peaches from the Peach Truck that comes to CT once a year.. Looking forward to the next month or so.

Reaction Score
Palisade peaches, the best this GA, SC, TX, and CT guy has ever had.

Reaction Score
How good is a perfect peach? They are perfect right now. In season, hands down best fruit imo.

Agree?

Discuss. Or not.

To each, their peach. If you like them, go get some now.
Use to live near Lyman Orchards, nothing beats a peach. True fruit of the earth, musky scent on the outside and sweet ambrosia on the inside. Great for grilling, cobblers, crisps and my favorite ice cream sometimes with a handful of blueberries thrown in. Pick at Holmberg's in the Preston/Gales Ferry area now.

Reaction Score
I actually bought some as a change of pace from apples for
$.99 /Lbs cheapest they’ve been since last year .
at Fry’s ( Krogers ) . I usually am a apple guy. But take a break when alternative fruit is relatively inexpensive. I like peaches snd plums firm not overly ripe.

Reaction Score
Mangoes are fine, but please, they are not remotely near the top of the amazing fruit list. The skin is a total non-starter, and the fruit is too often too fibrous.

Go ataulfo. Can’t argue with a perfect peach, but the dud to perfect ratio is way higher than ataulfo mangos.

Go-to breakfast for years: 1 ataulfo, blueberries, strawberries, shredded wheat cereal, fat free milk and black coffee. Served with a side of NYT and Boneyard and it’s pretty much perfect.

Reaction Score
I'm more of a nectarine guy. I don't like the way the fuzz feels on the teeth.
I’m with you on that. I hate that first bite but soldier on. I prefer nectarines and plums.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom