Pay Attention to Utah Today | The Boneyard

Pay Attention to Utah Today

Reaction Score
The Utes would have been a much better test for Bama than Cinci. The 4 team playoff is a problem. Why does ESPN not show the play clock in their graphics for the Rose Bowl?

Reaction Score
This Utes offense is fun to watch. The Rose Bowl is rocking with Utes fans today.

After years of watching the tshow at UCONN, it is hard to imagine we might run an offense the Utes are running right now.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If our O looks like that, yum . Crazy game. I thought the Purdue-Tennessee game was entertaining but this game looks like the Ds were out partying all last night. As I type, The OSU just fumble into the end zone to prevent another long TD.

Reaction Score
I was actually watching the Kentucky/Iowa game with that same thought regarding the Kentucky offense (Charlton worked under Coen at Maine).

Reaction Score
Charlton favors multiple (up to 3) tight ends, seam routes, vertical running plays -not a big lateral (direction) guy—play action-medium range passes —find open areas—check downs—and some trick plays.
Which current major team would best reflect his philosophy? Utah.

Reaction Score
Mentioned this before they housed Oregon. Combo of smash mouth and hurry up. Has been a great game so far

Reaction Score
Charlton favors multiple (up to 3) tight ends, seam routes, vertical running plays -not a big lateral (direction) guy—play action-medium range passes —find open areas—check downs—and some trick plays.
Which current major team would best reflect his philosophy? Utah.
He also learned everything at BC under the Ohio State Head coach, Ryan Day and said the he still studies him to get the newest and latest goods. Might be smart to watch them too.

Reaction Score
I doubt we could ever do this to Ohio State in a hundred years of football, but would be happy to just have an offense that's FBS level first.

Reaction Score
I doubt we could ever do this to Ohio State in a hundred years of football, but would be happy to just have an offense that's FBS level first.
You never know. Utah isn't exactly a hot bed for recruiting talent either. We can only dream.

Reaction Score
That’s our new offense. Now we just need the players to run it!
He also learned everything at BC under the Ohio State Head coach, Ryan Day and said the he still studies him to get the newest and latest goods. Might be smart to watch them too.
Charlton recently said that the NFL offense that his tends to most look like is the LA Rams’.

Reaction Score
I hope that's not our new defense
Utah’s defense was as bad as their offense was good. Absolutely no pass rush, missed tackles, and that being said the DC and HC might tried some blitzes since the hold the line philosophy wasn’t working, didn’t have the athletes. To bad Rising got hurt late in the game, they might of pulled it out if they had kept the ball out of Stroud’s hands long enough.

Reaction Score
You never know. Utah isn't exactly a hot bed for recruiting talent either. We can only dream.
They’re close enough to California to get their share, stole Rising from the Texas Longhorns. He was highly recruited as a four star from the Los Angeles area but he committed to Texas for his freshman year. Rising’s the best college QB I’ve seen in the PAC 12 this year, including Charlie Brewer.

Reaction Score
I think the Utes might be a great team next year. Doesn't the PAC 12 have at least 6 new coaches for next year?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom